The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology May 17th 2016

hi guys im so nervous i've lit cried like thrice. help me :frown:
im gonna focus a lot on reproduction, genetic modification & plants (but ive also done everything else)
what are u focusing on?
good luck to you all xxx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gameofno
hi guys im so nervous i've lit cried like thrice. help me :frown:
im gonna focus a lot on reproduction, genetic modification & plants (but ive also done everything else)
what are u focusing on?
good luck to you all xxx

The exam should be fine! What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 2
Original post by Year11Struggles
The exam should be fine! What grade are you aiming for?

an A at least :frown: you?
an A at least :frown: you?

An A*! Stop putting sad faces next to all your messages man, as long as you've prepared this paper should be easy! Are you doing Chemistry on Thursday as well?
Reply 4
An A*! Stop putting sad faces next to all your messages man, as long as you've prepared this paper should be easy! Are you doing Chemistry on Thursday as well?

yeah i hope its easy :colondollar: yup chem on thurs.. but god save me for physics hahahah
Reply 5

AHAHAH thats the spirit!!
yeah i hope its easy :colondollar: yup chem on thurs.. but god save me for physics hahahah

What don't you know in Biology and Physics? And what are you aiming for in either one? An A for Biology shouldn't be too hard. You only need 80 and 40 to get an A
Reply 7
What don't you know in Biology and Physics? And what are you aiming for in either one? An A for Biology shouldn't be too hard. You only need 80 and 40 to get an A

i dont do triple award so i only do paper 1. i know most things for bio but its my first gcse so its unnerving :\ and idk i just suck at physics lol. im aiming at least a for bio & chem, and b for physics
i dont do triple award so i only do paper 1. i know most things for bio but its my first gcse so its unnerving :\ and idk i just suck at physics lol. im aiming at least a for bio & chem, and b for physics

In double award you only get two grades. So you cant get an A, A and a B. Only just an AA or an AB. Can't believe it's you first GCSE. This is my 4th exam! What do you find particularly hard in edexcel physics? (Refrain from saying everything):bricks:
Reply 9
In double award you only get two grades. So you cant get an A, A and a B. Only just an AA or an AB. Can't believe it's you first GCSE. This is my 4th exam! What do you find particularly hard in edexcel physics? (Refrain from saying everything):bricks:

i hope i get an AA lol :biggrin: omg 4th? i'd wanna throw up... idk its just like physics u need to apply ur knowledge which sucks like terminal velocity and idek
Reply 10
One thing that I dont understand is how to prepare a potometer? Can anybody please explain the steps?And whats an airtight or water tight?
Original post by Abodee1
One thing that I dont understand is how to prepare a potometer? Can anybody please explain the steps?And whats an airtight or water tight?

Sorry for the late reply. I went to eat dinner. For the past papers I've done there are 4 marks for assembling a potometer
1. Cut shoot at a slant underwater
2. Make sure the apparatus is air tight/ water tight
3. Make sure the leaves are dry
4. Measure the distance moved by the bubble

Airtight just means there is no air within the apparatus but you don't need to know that. Just say it for the mark.
i hope i get an AA lol :biggrin: omg 4th? i'd wanna throw up... idk its just like physics u need to apply ur knowledge which sucks like terminal velocity and idek

How many GCSE's are you doing in total?
Reply 13
Do you guys think that carbon and water cycle will come out??
Reply 14
water cycle is paper 2 but carbon cycle most probably will come out xc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
How many GCSE's are you doing in total?

i think like 9 or 10?? wbu xx
i think like 9 or 10?? wbu xx

Lads only 3 hours till the exam...
Reply 18
I found the paper easy , how about you guys??
i did it about 2 hours ago
Reply 19
l found the exam easy, what about you guys?

Quick Reply