The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

University of Huddersfield Q&As 2016

Hi everyone

We’re Claire and Sarah, your Official Rep for the University of Huddersfield on TSR. We’ll be online on weekdays to help you out with any questions you might have, just post them below.

We have a lot of information on our website that you’ll find really useful. If you've read something on there that has led to more questions, feel free to post them here.
Reply 1
Hey
Im a student who has some anxiety and confidemce issues. Im hoping before i start uni most of these will be resolved. But whats the support like at the uni . Ive been on the site and watched the videos and it looks ace. But i want to know more from a students perspective of what its like. If i have any issues- hopefully i wont lol but would i go to a tutor about this .

Cant wait to study at the uni in september / slighlty nervous lol

Many thanks :smile: smile 43
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by smile43
Hey
Im a student who has some anxiety and confidemce issues. Im hoping before i start uni most of these will be resolved. But whats the support like at the uni . Ive been on the site and watched the videos and it looks ace. But i want to know more from a students perspective of what its like. If i have any issues- hopefully i wont lol but would i go to a tutor about this .

Cant wait to study at the uni in september / slighlty nervous lol

Many thanks :smile: smile 43

Hi smile43 - that's great you've watched our videos on the website, brilliant to hear they've helped. It's understandable to feel nervous, feel free to ask us any questions before you start in September, we're happy to help :smile:

Hopefully some current students will reply to your post as well, you can always check out our Social Media Reps' blogs, they talk about their direct experiences here at University. You can find them online here: http://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/myuni/

Sarah - UoH
Hi. Huddersfield's my insurance. Do I need to book my accommodation yet? Or can I wait to see if I actually end up going here? I can't find the information on either websites... :/
Original post by HazMusicPanda
Hi. Huddersfield's my insurance. Do I need to book my accommodation yet? Or can I wait to see if I actually end up going here? I can't find the information on either websites... :/

Hi @HazMusicPanda

A good question! There's no need to book accommodation just yet, but you might find it useful to keep this link handy (http://www.hud.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation/) in case you do join us in September.

Sarah - UoH
Reply 5
Hi, I've put Huddersfield as my first choice to study history but I'm so worried about getting the grades and I don't want to go to my insurance choice so if I get a grade below what is required, how accommodating are hudds in terms of accepting people?:smile:
Original post by Hun123
Hi, I've put Huddersfield as my first choice to study history but I'm so worried about getting the grades and I don't want to go to my insurance choice so if I get a grade below what is required, how accommodating are hudds in terms of accepting people?:smile:

Hi!

Thanks for getting in touch. We want to reassure you that it's not unusual for students to be anxious at this stage.
If you don't get the grades required then the admissions tutor for your course would look again at your application. If you've put us as your first choice it means that you have already decided this is the course and the Uni for you. In those circumstances the admissions tutor will try and look favourably on your application by taking all aspects of it into account.

We hope this helps to reassure you. If you have any more concerns then we can put you in contact with the admissions team.

Best of luck for results day!
UoH
Reply 7
Hi, I have applied for pharmacy this year but I'm a bit worried about not getting the grades. I know that the university may accept one or two grades below, but I feel I may get 3 grades below the requirements. Would the university still consider my application on results day? And for example would they accept BCC if they really liked my application?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anumusman
Hi, I have applied for pharmacy this year but I'm a bit worried about not getting the grades. I know that the university may accept one or two grades below, but I feel I may get 3 grades below the requirements. Would the university still consider my application on results day? And for example would they accept BCC if they really liked my application?

Hi @Anumusman

Thanks for your message, it's not unusual for students to be anxious at this stage :smile:

As we mentioned in the post above to another applicant, if you don't get the grades required then the admissions tutor for your course would look again at your application, taking all aspects of it into account.

If you are still concerned, you can contact our recruitment team by email at [email protected].

We hope this helps to reassure you - best of luck for results day!
Sarah - UoH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending