The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

I think for the multiple choice question about the Romanian Orphans, it wasn't the choice about it being unethical because it's about separation. Rutter didn't separate them, he just took advantage of the situation so I think that was a trick option.
Original post by Rigby16
The question was regarding the Working Memory Model.

Im pretty sure it was multi store memory too? Could be wrong though
Original post by Rigby16
The question was regarding the Working Memory Model.

Trust me there was a four marker on the multi memory as well as a working memory one, they were both worded very similarly
Reply 203
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I was taught
66% secure
22% Type A
12% Type C

I was taught 70% 15% 15% on simplypsychology

Original post by AdimG
Imo and as other people seem to have already mentioned for me it was the actual understanding of the question and what to write that was the hardest part that most people seem to have done Baddely on. The actual answers themselves weren't too difficult

Agreed, overall, I think this paper was quite decent and not too harsh. I was really scared about the attachment section and ADDIDDAS, Recprocity, etc etc. Thank God that stuff didn't come up and it only revolved around Mary Ainsworth
I put these too! Also unsure if they're right, anyone else?

Original post by maxtheloo
what did everyone put in the multiple choice for romanian studies, i put the compare control and long term/ short term, is those 2 right ???!
Reply 205
Original post by sashahunter27
Did anyone notice the fact that there were two research methods questions in the paper? I feel like they shouldn't have been there as they weren't relevent to social influence they were purely research methods questions?

The specification paper does outline research methods is also in Paper 1 along with maths.
Original post by bethlmx
Variations, I put nature of the task so how hard it was and when the participant had a friend with them like a confederate that was saying the correct answers

Yep thats correct!! Task difficulty and unanimity- did you say any statistics?
Reply 207
Original post by anna096
Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!

This was very easy. The three types were Procedural, Episodic and Semantic.

Annie was Procedure
Gab was Episodic
and the last guy or girl was Semantic. 6 words 6 marks.
Reply 208
What are people predicting the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
Original post by roastedcrumbs
Flexibility- show compromise e.g. Say they could go to the beach whilst travelling

Consistency- not changing his mind, repeatedly talking about going travellinh

Commitment- giving his friends an ultimatum e.g. He won't join them in the holiday unless they go travelling

I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?
Original post by Newsome1999
Trust me there was a four marker on the multi memory as well as a working memory one, they were both worded very similarly

Yes i've just remembered! Sorry! Ye for the 4 Marker the wording was "Outline what psychological research has found about the short term memory with regards to the MSM" So i just talked about coding capacity and duration and briefly mentioned baddeley :smile:
If ya'll just wanna talk about the exam or stress something or even troll to get anger out of your system

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fdQmPnI8b60bv0CMIf4EgTVMKplKmsSJnpu0DLLA_jA/edit?usp=sharing

here you go!
Don't ruin the unofficial mark scheme!
Original post by Tweensie
I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?

I think you may have got the term mixed up; the two types of consistency are diachronic consistency and synchronic consistency. However, you'd only lose 2 (or possibly even just 1 if you explained it correctly) out of the 6 marks so don't worry :smile:
Original post by Drunq
This was very easy. The three types were Procedural, Episodic and Semantic.

Annie was Procedure
Gab was Episodic
and the last guy or girl was Semantic. 6 words 6 marks.

Incorrect, for simply stating the name and the type you'd get a MAX of 3. You need to explain why each person shows they're using that type of LTM for the other 3 :smile:.
Original post by HBeau
I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?

Hmm not too sure about snowball effect :/ augmentation principle probably will and deeper processing does make sense so i wouldnt worry too much if i were you
Reply 215
Original post by Rigby16
Incorrect, for simply stating the name and the type you'd get a MAX of 3. You need to explain why each person shows they're using that type of LTM for the other 3 :smile:.

I did explain when i had 30 extra minutes at the end. :smile:
I wrote confidence instead of consistency for the first question and carried that on in the second part😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HBeau

I wonder too! I put drawing attention, consistency and snowball effect.
Reply 218
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Im pretty sure it was multi store memory too? Could be wrong though

wrong, it only spoke about WM
For the first question (Marcus one) I put the behaviors as being consistency, persuasiveness and confidence - would these be right?

Quick Reply