Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Do I need to send of my passport?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I currently hold a Malaysian passport and have a malaysian birth certificate; I have applied to University as a Home Student, I've lived in the UK for around 10 years and I have an indefinite leave to remain status. I have applied for student finance, however they're asking to submit evidence. I was wondering would it be acceptable to send them a photocopy of my passport and indefinite leave to remain; or do I actually have to post my passport to Student Finance. If I do have to post an evidence to Student Finance, would they accept my birth certificate instead. Also, would I need to fill out any relevant forms to go along this.

    Thank you!
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 16, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.