The Student Room Group

Re exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohit301099
I did the same paper but i finished really quickly because by the time i finished answering all the questions i had like 39 mins left? :colone:

bloody hell how does everyone finish with so much time! i had 5-10 mins left
Does anyone remember what the (b) was for question 2??? (Bottom one of first section)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sfaraj

They've ****ed up, trust me. The grade boundaries are high; every mark matters!
Original post by tiquismiquis
I had just enough time, maybe about 4 minutes left at the end to check I answered the right questions!

:eek: damn, maybe i did the paper too fast.....

Spoiler

Original post by rohit301099
Omg, i had the exact same problem with question 7 part d) what did you put as your three points? :s-smilie:

For part i) I agreed because:
-racial harmony increases acceptance and understanding in society
-Muslims should work to promote racial harmony because all Muslims are part of the Ummah which states that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and should try to get along regardless of race
-because Muslims belong to most ethnic groups they should try to live in harmony together because of the Ummah (starting to think that these 2 points are too similar now)
Although I didn't separate them, instead I did them as one long paragraph hoping I'll get 3 marks for 'one fully developed answer' :s-smilie: really struggled

For part ii) some people may disagree with me because:
-racial harmony doesn't always work as there will always be some people unwilling to accept others because of race so they would be wasting their time trying to promote it
-can't remember what I put as my second point and I only made 2 (tried to slightly develop the first one
(edited 7 years ago)
surprisingly i finished 20 minutes earlier, in my mocks i usually end up missing up section 4 so im quite pleased and happy i did unit 4 btw
Original post by Jamie Vardy

i doubt it they are people who are predicted A* in everything. I think grade boundaries are high because its an easy paper, im scared of being 1 marks of A*
Reply 27
It went well but i need more time!! Near the end i was rushing so fast I needed atleast 10 minutes more so I definitely lost some marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oasis61
Does anyone remember what the (b) was for question 2??? (Bottom one of first section)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that was the one about whether religious upbringings lead to belief in God? Although thinking about it I think that was part c)...
Original post by sfaraj

Hmm, i practiced three past papers the night before, maybe because of that?:confused:

Spoiler

Original post by Oasis61

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no I remember it now!! It was 'do you think the causation argument proves that God exists?' :smile:
Exactly because I am a very fast writer and I finished questions A-d in like 5-7 minutes and spent ages on my 12 marks to make sure the structure was correct and I did the strongest argument is and weakest argument thing etc there is no way u could have about 10-15 minutes to spare that's a whole paragraph down the drain. Well I guess some people are talking bout diff papers.
Original post by Jamie Vardy
(edited 7 years ago)
"men and women should be given equal rights in religion" as a d type question, i think i somehow ended up writing something sexist like how men cant breast feed i think i was a little high during the exam omds
Reply 33
(Hi people, first post)

I did four past papers the day before and I think this year's was very generous. That being said, I don't think the grade boundaries can possibly get any higher. 79/84 definitely seems high enough.
Oh thank god!! I thought I answered that for the question 1 (b) and was worried. Thanks
Pre-marital sex-
Taking part in sexual acts e.g sexual intercourse before marriage. How many marks would that get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unit 2.I found it releatively easy.I think i lost at maximum 6/7 marks...I hope i got an A*.I found one question hard though,but i attempted all.I know i defo lost a mark on one question (it was a part D) but hey,it was a 6 marker,5 out of 6( i hope,for that question) is okay.
Reply 37
Original post by Oasis61
Pre-marital sex-
Taking part in sexual acts e.g sexual intercourse before marriage. How many marks would that get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

The full 2 marks. Even "sex before marriage" can grab both.
i really hope i got a b at least :h::h:
i chose 1, 3, 5 and 6
i gotta try hard in the unit 11 now....:angry::angry:
ict and gcse pe left for this week :colone::colone:
Original post by Ashriku15
i really hope i got a b at least :h::h:
i chose 1, 3, 5 and 6
i gotta try hard in the unit 11 now....:angry::angry:
ict and gcse pe left for this week :colone::colone:

unit 11 seems to p*ss me off, excuse my language lmao

Quick Reply

Latest