The Student Room Group

Re exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MGTMattyGomez
Is this unit 3 we are talking about ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did unit 3, I chose question 2, 4, 5 and 8.
I didn't think it was too bad to be honest. What about you?
unit 1 - questions 2, 3, 6, and 8.
it could gone a lot worse but im not betting on having done too well. the questions in which you specifically have to refer to a religion are the bane of my existence.
Reply 42
Original post by Oasis61
Does anyone remember what the (b) was for question 2??? (Bottom one of first section)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which unit?
I had unit 2 - I did 2, 4, 5 and 8. Think I did alright until I looked at the grade boundaries, I'll be lucky if I get a C!
Reply 44
My timing was so bad I spent an hour on the first two question and then had to rush the last 2 in 30 minutes. My handwriting went from readable to scribble on a page. I can't even remember half the stuff I wrote.
Reply 45
I did edexcel unit 1 - it went okay, not fantastic - I know I won't be getting an A*, or probably an A, but that's okay, it's not my best subject.
I used the full hour and a half so didn't get time to check over my answers and I know for the first one mark question where you had to put 2 examples of moral evil, I only put 1 as I couldn't think of another, and said I was going to go back to it - I didn't have time at the end and simply forgot...but atleast I done all the higher mark questions :smile:

Also, think this is just due to exam stress and me being over panicky - but what would happen if you didn't mark which question you had done (for each section you had to put a cross in the box of the question you had chosen to do) - would they still mark it or not? Like I said I think I'm just a nervous wreck at the moment for all the upcoming exams and therefore I'm overthinking everything that could have gone wrong!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
the paper was good overall, but i'm regretting my answers as i could of wrote more for the 8 markers
I have a the Unit 8 exam on Wednesday which i am dreading since unit 8 is SOOOO much harder (for me at least).

Unit 1 went good but now i am getting paranoid that the grade boundaries will be quite high. Especially, since last years was 79/84 and this years paper was at the same level (if not easier) than last years
Ugh for Edexcel Unit 1 Q1 c) I think I answered the wrong answer. The question was "Explain how one religion responds to the problem of evil and sufferring". I wonder if writing about "it's a test from God" or "if not for evil, we could not comprehend goodness" would be suitable. When I looked back in the textbook I realised that Christian responses means what they'd actually do in response rather than how they rationalise it.It just sucks how high the grade boundaries are. If the examiners were picky sadists and said that "responses" does not mean explanations, but rather actions, I guess that'll just be testament to how shitty this GCSE is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by It's_me.
Which unit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
did any of you do ocr exam, ???????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending