The Student Room Group

what happens if i get only to AS'

basically im probably only gonna get two AS'(but hopefully there As and Bs) but u need 3 A levels to get into a good uni , so...

basically i was thinking of picking up an AS in year 13 and doing the AS and the A level at the end of the year , is this plausible?

if there is already a thread on this someone please link me to it :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by needsomeawnsers
basically im probably only gonna get two AS'(but hopefully there As and Bs) but u need 3 A levels to get into a good uni , so...

basically i was thinking of picking up an AS in year 13 and doing the AS and the A level at the end of the year , is this plausible?

if there is already a thread on this someone please link me to it :smile:

If you only get an AS - it literally means you've only got half of the qualification. Which isn't enough as Universities asks for At-least 3 A-Levels. But it is possible to drop an AS and pick up another during the second to do alongside your A2 year. However, if you want to go to uni with those A levels, you'd need to do an extra year to complete the AS that you'd picked up.
Original post by Dann.It
If you only get an AS - it literally means you've only got half of the qualification. Which isn't enough as Universities asks for At-least 3 A-Levels. But it is possible to drop an AS and pick up another during the second to do alongside your A2 year. However, if you want to go to uni with those A levels, you'd need to do an extra year to complete the AS that you'd picked up.

so id have a year of 6form doing 1 subject ?
Yeah you could do an AS and 3A2s in year 13.
Reply 4
Original post by needsomeawnsers
so id have a year of 6form doing 1 subject ?

Yes you would...meaning when you finish you'd end up having 3 A-levels and 1 AS
Reply 5
Technically you can enter university with only AS's, but they would have to accept based on UCAS points rather than grades. Obviously an AS is worth half than a full A level of the equivalent level, so you would theoretically need a lot of AS's. Depending on the university, you don't need a lot of points and you can most likely go through clearing. Remember, its extra money in the uni's back pocket in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending