The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

I've made a new thread for the old spec because the other one was getting messy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone have predictions for the family and household paper tomorrow?? Thanks
Reply 2
Feminist perspectives
Demography
Family diversity
+ couples
Reply 4
Original post by Lkate1569
Does anyone have predictions for the family and household paper tomorrow?? Thanks

Hi, My teacher is predicting that either, feminism, family diversity, family universal or family losing its functions will come up. Last year she got them completly right however not as confident this year, obviously revise everything just in case :biggrin:
Original post by Shavin
Hi, My teacher is predicting that either, feminism, family diversity, family universal or family losing its functions will come up. Last year she got them completly right however not as confident this year, obviously revise everything just in case :biggrin:

What's family universal??
Reply 6
Original post by starshine909
What's family universal??

Is the family universal, functionalists, new right, lone parents, kibbutz, nayer and foster care. That's what we learned anyway :/
Original post by Shavin
Is the family universal, functionalists, new right, lone parents, kibbutz, nayer and foster care. That's what we learned anyway :/

But what u mentioned seems like theories and family diversity mixed?
Reply 8
But what u mentioned seems like theories and family diversity mixed?

Ermm i'm not too sure..
Does anyone have any predictions for the culture and identity paper aqa???
Reply 10
Original post by mariarose_
I've made a new thread for the old spec because the other one was getting messy

Does anyone have predictions for culture and identity paper ?
Reply 11
Original post by Shavin

What would you write for family losing it functions?
What topic is that. Sometimes the wording can you throw you off
Reply 12
Original post by Shavin

Some of those studies are not in the book
Where did you get them from?
Thanks! I've never heard of family universal or family losing its functions! Could you explain what they mean or in a different context?
Reply 14
Original post by xxvine
What would you write for family losing it functions?
What topic is that. Sometimes the wording can you throw you off

this came up as a 24m in 2010
the mark scheme says
Concepts and issues such as the following may appear: the role of theeducation system; rising divorce rates; lone-parent families; births outsidemarriage; rise of feminism; child care; choice; singletons; family diversity;greater individualism; kinship patterns; the development of the welfare state;reproductive technologies.
Original post by Shavin

Are u doing the old or new spec?
I'm really bad at structuring my essays, I'm learning family diversity at the minute could anyone give an example of how I could structure one on that? For example how to explain reasons for the increase in divorce etc then go onto partnerships? Might sound confusing but I'm looking for any key sentences to link etc
Reply 17
the mark scheme says
Concepts and issues such as the following may appear: the role of theeducation system; rising divorce rates; lone-parent families; births outsidemarriage; rise of feminism; child care; choice; singletons; family diversity;greater individualism; kinship patterns; the development of the welfare state;reproductive technologies.

So it's family diversity? Ewe hate that topic
Reply 18
the mark scheme says

Oh think I get it
What would you write for the family not losing its functions.....if it's an assess question

What does the role of education do?
Reply 19
Are u doing the old or new spec?

old spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending