The Student Room Group

Wil cramming all night help me get a c or above

I have good short term memory and have beem revising since December. However i dont feel the information has been retained and was thinking if cramming would help for igsce biology exam. Would cramming work and how do i cram ?. Or should i not cram and hope the test is easy ?
Reply 1
And is anyone else going to cram all night ?
Reply 2
Any advices??
everyone crams the night before exams
I was wondering the same thing, don't want to let anyone down :afraid:
Reply 5
So you lot are going to cram all night then yh?
Reply 6
How do u cram ?
You mean all through the night? If you really must I would work till no later than 10 and then make sure you get a decent nights sleep.
Reply 8
😂😂😂😂

Do as many past papers as possible to get a feel of the type of questions and learn standard answers by doing flash cards n ting
It depends on if you're one of those people who need sleep.
Reply 10
Yh i meant all night but im just seeing the for and against argument for cramming all night
I'm gifted to have short term photographic memory to be honest. To cram all I'd do is just note down information concisely in bullet points and keep re-reading through them. Try and complete as many past papers as you can if you struggle.
Original post by waleed29
Yh i meant all night but im just seeing the for and against argument for cramming all night

I wouldn't suggest cramming ALL night. I tried that once and fell asleep at my desk, overslept and missed the actual exam. At least go to sleep at midnight and get up at 5/6am and carry on cramming until you have to go to the exam, that worked well for me.
Reply 13
What if i go bed at 8.30 and then wake up at 5 ?
Guys cramming works if your not just now learning the content. If you've gone through the content- cram the hell out of notes and do past papers. I'm doing A levels and for one of them you basically have to cram anyway because of many cases and dates. Cramming doesn't work for everyone though but it did for some of my friends. Some of them did an all nighters for history and geography GCSE and got A/A* grades but they had learnt the content prior, like around March/April time.
meh depends if you have a good short term memory. I read my whole GSCE chemistry textbook the night before the exam with no prior revision and got an A* with full ums. No point staying up all night its proven that if you have a full night sleep you will perform better in the exam however for my a levels I stayed up untill about 1am cramming and it did help but this was a last resort as i hadent revised you should be fine
I say **** it and cram, get a **** ton of red bull/coffee, it will keep you awake through the night and the exam, tiredness will kick in later that day but as long as you have a good nights sleep and not an exam the next day it docent matter. Literally just read through the notes/textbook 100x over and do past papers, yeah its boring af and you will probably get to a point where you will think 'might as well just sleep now' but to put it in perspective its one boring/tiring night for a grade that will stick with you for life, if you get like a D or E you will regret not staying up this single night to do a bit of work that could bring you up multiple grade boundries
Original post by waleed29
What if i go bed at 8.30 and then wake up at 5 ?

8.30pm until 5am is more sleep than anyone needs. If you're going to bed at 8.30 get up at like 3/4

Quick Reply

Latest