The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I agree with what was said about Further Maths. I loved it and am now a medic at Cambridge, but if I remember correctly, I couldn't use it as one of my As in my offer. I think for other medical courses they would prefer you to have done a more essay-based subject for your fourth choice, but I doubt Cambridge are too bothered either way as the maths does come in helpful. It's a bit of a gamble at the end of the day, I wish I could tell you what the right choice was!

EDIT: I actually did FM instead of biology - now, that IS something I wouldn't advise! It isn't a problem once you've survived the first term, but I'm convinced it must lower your chances of getting in (although all admissions tutors are different).
Reply 21
Adil Bhai
Help Guys & Gals!!!!!!!!!!

I am doin maths, f maths, bio, chem and physics at AS level. But feel like I should be doing something more. I know I don't have to but come on i m sure some of you feel like that after all that's why you do 6A2s. I m not sure if i will carry on f maths next year seeing as i have only done 5 mods this year and should have done 6 at least. IF I do A2 f maths it means i will have to do 3 mods in jan and 4 in june plus they will be all the hardest mods and I don't get much help for f maths at school :mad:

So if I do an extra AS/A2 what subject do u think it should be. Also i will try to do 2/3AEAs in June next year but don't know what subject (try is the key word here)

BTW I want to do med at uni and i know u don't need any more than what i am doing at present. :biggrin:

take archaeology AS level - i took it at A level and its abit too much work with c/w to do with your subjects but as an AS its just simple! i did no revsion and got full marks for one of the exam papers!
You are doing enough! If you want to do something extra, I would advise a subject like Citizenship or Critical Thinking at AS.
Reply 23
You are doing enough! If you want to do something extra, I would advise a subject like Citizenship or Critical Thinking at AS.

Which exam boards do critical thinking coz i went on edexcel and aqa website but could not find it.
Reply 24
Adil Bhai
Which exam boards do critical thinking coz i went on edexcel and aqa website but could not find it.

You were unlucky :tongue: I think it's just OCR.

It's quite a good one to do because there's nothing to learn for it, it just tests your reasoning skills, and the rest is down to a bit of exam technique, which you can work out by trying a few past papers.