The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the OCR A2 exams?

So how did u find them?
I thought the phil paper was nice i did the religious experience which was a ral nice question cos thats all we've been doin in our lessons up to study leave lmao and i did life after death one, which was ok, but i tended to generalise it at not focus on the question that much but it shud hopefully be at least C (plzzzzzzzzzzz!!!)

The ethics paper was nasty lol in my opinion, i chose the religious ethics and war, and the absolute ethics on genetic engineering, i liked the genetic engineering there was quite a bit i cud say wiv different theories and then i compared it to a non absolute theory-utilitarianism lol

I was nackered afterwards cos i had the general studies exam this afternoon as well so my hand, head and neck all hurt :'(

Becca xx

Scroll to see replies

have this unsettling feeling i screwed up! war: spoke too much about jus ad bellum justification and too little about jus in bello, which the question was actually about!
Philosophy paper was alright. The hell question panicked me at the time and I didn't learn religious experience so I did miracles and symbol. I think I did ok - basically regurgitated everything in the textbook but related it to the questions.
Reply 3
hi can anyone tell me what the miracles question was assess the views that miracles...
...are an obstacle to faith. wiles etc. i think. HOPE at least.
Reply 5
blind_watchmaker
...are an obstacle to faith. wiles etc. i think. HOPE at least.

thankyou soo much i was panicing i'd written a different repsose fomr what teh quesion wanted:p:
lol it's all good. so much you could say for that one, though i think i got bogged down in whether miracles actually can take place- hick and hume etc. so difficult to know what you shouldn't mention, let alone what to write about!
Hey Hey guys i didnt think that went to bad hehe

i did religous experiences and symbols

and for ethics conscience and sex and relationships

what did people write for religous experiences and conscience?

i got 286/300 last year so i think i only need to get a c this year to get an A just wanted a little reassurance as to what other people wrote about

much appreciated xx thank you xx
Reply 8
the philosophy of religion 2 was unbelievably brilliant! i was so stoked when i saw miracles and symbology, and they werent even hard questions! easiest ones i have seen, well nearly anyway!

i obviously did the miracles and symbology one, aiming for a very high A now in that paper, therefore only need a C/D in synoptics!

some guy infront of me decided to write only one question, at the end he said to me, "wow we had an hour and a half to write about miracles", i was like, u do relgiious experience aswell then? and he was like, what? no just miracles...the idiot only did one question and is now freaking out.
Reply 9
if anyone did the sex and relationships question - what links did you make to other bits of the syllabus?
I linked it to natural law, situation ethics(liberal view),utilitarianism and a bit of christian ethics (catholic view) what about u?
Reply 11
thats interesting - i went for all the determinism/free will links and used homosexuality as example, guess its all relevant
The miracles question was a gift! I also did the Hell question, I didn't think it was too bad, but I didn't develop my argument enough in it which I know will have let me down alot, I'm wishing I;d done the religious experience question!

I'm now hoping for an ace synoptic paper or else my chances to gaining that prized A will slip right through my fingers!!
Its bizarre. In most essay exams you tend to notice that the majority of students have all chosen the same question(s) but this philosophy paper appears to be really split! Guess we got lucky :p:
I thought the philosophy paper was far nicer than the one we all had to face at AS! Feel far better than last year! I chose Hell and then Miracles, enjoyed writing the answers, so i suppose that is defintely the main thing. Most people in my year did similar questions to me, i suppose its all down to what ur teacher has taught!
what did people write about in concerns to the religous experience
Reply 16
hippygirljess
I chose Hell and then Miracles

yeah i did them too where did you go with hell? theodicy/coherence?

and did anyone else do the DCT paper? awesome questions on that :biggrin:
Reply 17
I did hell (body&Soul, life after death) and managed to shove someDawkins in there somehow. And I did miracles - the only topics I revsed - rather chuffed they came up! Wiles, Hume an Aquinas.
WHY does Aquinas have to stick his nose in EVERYWHERE?!!? Does anyone actually care what he thinks? A resounding NO!
Anyway; I though the questons were quite gentle. Maye I should have done more than look at te Greg Dewar book on the bus, BUT I did manage to fil 2 supplementry sheets which Kant (haha!) be too bad ... can it?!!
Reply 18
Dawkinite
I did hell (body&Soul, life after death) and managed to shove someDawkins in there somehow. And I did miracles - the only topics I revsed - rather chuffed they came up! Wiles, Hume an Aquinas.
WHY does Aquinas have to stick his nose in EVERYWHERE?!!? Does anyone actually care what he thinks? A resounding NO!
Anyway; I though the questons were quite gentle. Maye I should have done more than look at te Greg Dewar book on the bus, BUT I did manage to fil 2 supplementry sheets which Kant (haha!) be too bad ... can it?!!

:dito:

i managed to link in some dawkins and some hick in that question, i figured we had to cus i didnt really know much about hell, i linked in some body/soul distinction, cus to be honest i couldnt write an essay on hell itself, think i even got some eastern religion in there, its all a haze now.
Poo, maybe I should have revised miracles if the question was that simple. I never bothered to go over it at AS either

Latest

Trending

Trending