The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What answer do you expect in a forum where most people are at Cambridge, or want to do so?
Reply 2
What do you expect people to say? :confused:

To have a choice between an LSE LLB and a Cambridge BA, is surely akin to a choice between heaven and paradise?

I don't need to 'talk up' either institution, as they are both highly distinguished.

For me, it would be a dream scenario to be able to pick between the two, I would have trouble choosing - I honestly would.

The LSE (closely followed by UCL) provide the most respected LLB from any London institution - and present a multitude of links to the leading law firms and financial institutions in the City.

By comparison, Cambridge is Cambridge. Along with her partner in crime, at the top of the UK hierarchy tree, Cambridge currently supplies 11 out of 12 law lords - a phenomenal amount.

In summation, both institutions are fantastic and may serve to open up doors which other law courses (at respectable universities) may not open nearly so easily. A look at alumni from both law faculties, would suggest that an LSE LLB or Cambridge BA can be used as a platform to true professional brilliance.

I would be thrilled to high heaven, should I ever be in the position of choosing between the two courses. By looking at mere statistics, it would appear that the odds are stacked against such a happening, but I live in hope. :smile:
Reply 3
cambridge is precisely 4.73712 times better for law
Reply 4
i disagree, your maths must be flawed somewhere...

my calculations place it at 6.23114.
Reply 5
Unlike Cambridge maths, which is 3.14159265358979323846264... times better than the competition.
Reply 6
KHL
i disagree, your maths must be flawed somewhere...

my calculations place it at 6.23114.

i think you will find you are wrong? did your calculations include the cambridge continuity correction factor?
Reply 7
Willa
i think you will find you are wrong? did your calculations include the cambridge continuity correction factor?

oops, forgot about that. but then again, when you finish all your calculations, including quite a few factors that we seem to have left out, amazingly, the answer is an integer!

42! :eek:

amazingly, after similar corrections to ASNaC's calculations wrt maths,

THE ANSWER'S THE SAME TOO!!!
Reply 8
mobbdeeprob
What do you expect people to say? :confused:

To have a choice between an LSE LLB and a Cambridge BA, is surely akin to a choice between heaven and paradise?

I don't need to 'talk up' either institution, as they are both highly distinguished.

For me, it would be a dream scenario to be able to pick between the two, I would have trouble choosing - I honestly would.

The LSE (closely followed by UCL) provide the most respected LLB from any London institution - and present a multitude of links to the leading law firms and financial institutions in the City.

By comparison, Cambridge is Cambridge. Along with her partner in crime, at the top of the UK hierarchy tree, Cambridge currently supplies 11 out of 12 law lords - a phenomenal amount.

In summation, both institutions are fantastic and may serve to open up doors which other law courses (at respectable universities) may not open nearly so easily. A look at alumni from both law faculties, would suggest that an LSE LLB or Cambridge BA can be used as a platform to true professional brilliance.

I would be thrilled to high heaven, should I ever be in the position of choosing between the two courses. By looking at mere statistics, it would appear that the odds are stacked against such a happening, but I live in hope. :smile:

All this waffle and no clear position addressed. :tongue:
Reply 9
I had offers at Cambridge, UCL, LSE, King's and Notts for undergrad law entry - and Cambridge won for me straight away because of the supervision system / the chance to live in College. Studying in a big city is fun, but the opportunities Oxbridge offers are pretty unique. As for one being 'better' than the other for law ... i think they're all so close it doesn't make much difference. But the supervision system for law is a definite bonus.

Latest