The Student Room Group

AQA french listening

What's the best exam technique?
I've got that tomorrow too! I'm really worried about the recording being muffled in the space of the hall and not being able to hear!

As useless as this is, my main technique is just to really listen and pick out every single word that i can. I try and translate it as it goes in my head, write down what i think, listen again and either confirm or change my answer.

I'm nervous but i've done every paper and revised all i can so let's hope for low grade boundaries!
I don't care what anyone says, but I speak for Majority of us in saying "French Reading is much Easier than Listening" in my opinion.
French Reading, You can hazard a guess due to the context of the writing, however with Listening they may speak fast and you may end up missing crucial informaiton.

Small tips:
-Do not leave any questions blank and put a sensible guess.
-Use a bit of common sense in some questions: e.g. If one of the options are "The girl wants more people to take drugs" that would most likely not be the answer.
-In the listening, Please use the 15 minutes to actually read the question!
Some of you probably don't know what to do, so my suggestion is to make no along the side for the sort of words you would expect to here, so you make things easier for yourself.
In the Positive or Negative Questions, You should pick up easy marks if you listen out for words such as unfortunately, sadly, however.
-Use a bit of English Technique: You're probably like "WHAT IS HE ON ABOUT", but really as I've stated above if the french speaker says "Moi, Je voudrais un beau temps.........cependant" following the "cependant" what would you expect?
A NEGATIVE STATEMENT OR SOMETHING THAT CONTRADICTS THE FIRST ONE.

-Do your best and Good luck :smile:
I too am sitting for the exam tomorrow and what are your goals? Let that resonate in your mind as you begin the paper.
Peace :tongue:
can i ask, if you wrote an answer in the box, in the listening or reading paper, and changed your mind, what do you do? do you scribble out the whole box and write it next to it, or does this part not get scanned?
tips would be to listen out for however, but and words that suggest a disadvantage coming. learn last minute vocab too, such ass time phrases :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest