The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

How lenient is DMU over entry grades ?

Hi I have applied for DMU to do marketing and the entry requirements are bbc and I am guaranteed a B in business , but my theatre and media are unsure at the moment , I think I'll end up getting BCC or BCD , how likely are they to still let me in?
They are known for being extremely lenient. They are the type of uni that's always seeking students and they are more than likely to accept more students who are a grade or two off, than any other uni
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by katherine9609
They are known for being extremely lenient. They are the type of uni that's always seeking students and they are more than likely to accept more students who are a grade or two off, than any other uni

Ah thanks for the reply , a little relieved to hear that 😂 I think my exams went well so just gotta hope now
Original post by katherine9609

Really? Bcoz I need C for maths gcse but studying law:/
Hello! :smile:

I hope that you are all well.

It is great to hear that you have applied to come and study with us! We look forward to welcoming you in September. Please try not to worry about your grades too much at the moment whilst you are awaiting your results - I am sure you have done great! However, when you receive your grades, if they are lower than what you were expecting so as to meet the conditions of your offer then just give our Clearing Team a call on 0116 257 7000 who will be more than happy to help and discuss options with you.

If you have any more questions then just give me a shout! :biggrin:

Laura
Very lenient we had a girl on medical science who achieved a pass in applied sciences and an E in PE 🤣. But honestly if you are just looking to secure a place then it isn't worth it I would advise you take work experience or redo your grades and find a better Uni to attend. Including myself I would say at least 30% have left my course in the first year ( I will be concluding my level 5 and 6 credits on open university) I wish I had listened to the warnings about DMU before confirming it just because I got an "unconditional offer" I wish I had honestly left the first term when I knew the teaching and support was appalling.
Original post by Lorilo1398
Very lenient we had a girl on medical science who achieved a pass in applied sciences and an E in PE 🤣. But honestly if you are just looking to secure a place then it isn't worth it I would advise you take work experience or redo your grades and find a better Uni to attend. Including myself I would say at least 30% have left my course in the first year ( I will be concluding my level 5 and 6 credits on open university) I wish I had listened to the warnings about DMU before confirming it just because I got an "unconditional offer" I wish I had honestly left the first term when I knew the teaching and support was appalling.

Weird, I'm leaving after a year, the support wasn't amazing, but the teaching for me was great lol. Depends on the course, I guess.
Original post by Anonymous
Weird, I'm leaving after a year, the support wasn't amazing, but the teaching for me was great lol. Depends on the course, I guess.

I think because I studied a foundation diploma at a russell group I had a good comparison. But the teaching was lazy and below par, almost no support and all resources were word for word from textbooks or copied from other unis.
I passed my access course for 30 credits and they asked for 15 but I'm not sure with my maths gcse I know I failed :frown:
Well I got 33 credit to merit and they asked for 15 to merit so I got partly of the offer but not my maths I don't know :frown: what to do and I don't want to go through clearing if they do reject me it's not point and my sister doesn't need maths for biomedicene and I do :/ is it fair? Because they stated on the website for science you need maths.
Well I got 33 credit to merit and they asked for 15 to merit so I got partly of the offer but not my maths I don't know what to do and I don't want to go through clearing if they do reject me it's not point and my sister doesn't need maths for biomedicene and I do :/ is it fair? Because they stated on the website for science you need maths.
Honestly I studied Biomedicine don't waste your time with DMU. Re do your year and apply to a better uni.
Is Dmu not a good uni ?
Original post by Taasassssyyyy
Is Dmu not a good uni ?

Absolutely not, I am not even sure who gave you the impression it was "good". I have commented on previous posts about myself and others experiences, but if you would like more information PM myself.
Original post by Taasassssyyyy
Is Dmu not a good uni ?

To be honest, you'll get different answers from different people. I know people that went to a Russel group uni and hated it, but went to DMU and loved it. Then vice versa. You should've really visited it.

I had a friend that got offered to go to do Optometry at various universities but chose to go into Clearing to do Pharmacy even though they got the grades. They enjoyed the course and University way too much to not go. I spoke to them later on in life and they said, it was the best decision.

I've spoken to others and they hated it due to the way it was run, but I do think for me anyway the teaching was really good.
I need a ABB for my firm and BCC for my insurance and I definitely don’t think I will get either, especially the ABB 😂
Original post by Anonymous
To be honest, you'll get different answers from different people. I know people that went to a Russel group uni and hated it, but went to DMU and loved it. Then vice versa. You should've really visited it.

I had a friend that got offered to go to do Optometry at various universities but chose to go into Clearing to do Pharmacy even though they got the grades. They enjoyed the course and University way too much to not go. I spoke to them later on in life and they said, it was the best decision.

I've spoken to others and they hated it due to the way it was run, but I do think for me anyway the teaching was really good.

You must be deluded, as someone who studied a diploma at a russell group who was then lured by the "unconditional offer and global experience"bs at DMU, most people I know will agree it is a massive waste of money. The teaching is just lazy and facilities lacking. The support services available are horrendous and you could be waiting weeks or months for a meeting. Your personal tutor will be practically non-existant and lecturers will, the majorate of the time copy their entire lessons from other universities and text books. Their science department is lacking massively with them not even providing the hours to correctly accredit the course you study. I would go on but you can clearly research that yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending