The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE 8th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kxjzh
This time in 4/5 days guys, we're doing this thing! HELP! Any last minute revision tips???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use Quizlet to test yourself on key Vocab, and then complete past papers!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
This time in 4/5 days guys, we're doing this thing! HELP! Any last minute revision tips???

Posted from TSR Mobile

This may sound crazy, but it's also really helpful talking to yourself or thinking your thoughts in German, but I suppose that's more a long term revision strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCameron275
Does anyone have any advice? My predicted grade is a B but I think I'll get a C. Which isn't bad because German is my weakest subject but it would be nice to do as well as possible.

Original post by Kxjzh

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Past papers! I really recommend doing listening papers, marking them and then looking at the transcript to look up any words you don't know. :tongue:
- Memrise. You can choose the AQA GCSE German course and go through words. + I would choose ignore words you know and only go through words you've never seen before. :tongue:

Other than that... Always listen carefully to the track- e.g. tone can give you hints to the answers. + If you don't know a word during the reading, try to break it down into separate parts. + Make sure you've had enough sleep. The listening is quite long and you don't want to miss something because you weren't alert. :h:
Reply 23
Aaggggghhhh! Freaking out now!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done all the past papers since 2010 (my teachers gave them to me) and just learned vocab through them. I know most, but didn't really revise anything. I'm targeted an A and if it goes well i'll do it for a-level. I'm with CCEA but for some reason our German exam is AQA lol, so much easier compared to CCEA but AQA tend to use a lot of adjectives that I have never seen before! No point revising every adjective there possibly is.
If this is like the French exams, I can safely say that I won't be doing German A Level.
Original post by SophFlorence
This may sound crazy, but it's also really helpful talking to yourself or thinking your thoughts in German, but I suppose that's more a long term revision strategy.

Totally agree. I do exactly the same thing. Talk lots of German, feel really weird though, but it works really well, until the point where I'm answering the paper by writing in German instead of English!

I find its most effective the night before and the morning of the examination.
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck to all for tomorrow!
How did everyone find it?
Can someone post an unofficial mark scheme please?
Original post by SophFlorence

I thought that after the reading I was destined for an A*, then during the listening I was willing to accept a low C.

I was going solid up until question 12 then I just got messed up.
I thought the reading went really well, except from the two questions about the toothbrush and the very last question about how non recyclables can be reduced. Anyone any ideas?
Original post by jackcoys
I thought that after the reading I was destined for an A*, then during the listening I was willing to accept a low C.

I was going solid up until question 12 then I just got messed up.

Ah, ok.

That's a shame! Hopefully you'll do ok; maybe your course work will pull up your grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nudelauflauf
I thought the reading went really well, except from the two questions about the toothbrush and the very last question about how non recyclables can be reduced. Anyone any ideas?

I talked about them being organic, and how they could be recycled and then used as fertilisers on farms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I mentioned fertilisers I think :smile:
Wasn't sure on the positives and negatives of school in listening
Got p+n, n and then n again. Which worried me as usually there's one of each.
Reply 36
Original post by theojamesisbae
How did everyone find it?

I seem to be the only person who found reading considerably harder than listening!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loved the reading! The listening was alright, I suppose, but I think that I may have messed up on a couple of the questions. I'm confident that my controlled assessment marks will pull my overall mark up to an A (at least!). I managed to get full UMS on all of my controlled assessments, and (hopefully) my reading was good enough to balance everything out!
The real question is does (can't remember that girls name) buy a new pair of shoes every week?
Original post by Nudelauflauf
Yeah I mentioned fertilisers I think :smile:
Wasn't sure on the positives and negatives of school in listening
Got p+n, n and then n again. Which worried me as usually there's one of each.

Yeah, I got the same for the schools one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending