The Student Room Group

Does death scare you?

Scroll to see replies

Doesn't bother me tbh.
Once I'm gone, I'm gone.
It happens to everyone!
I'm all about living life to the extreme! I want to push the boundaries of what's possible!
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm retty sure it's more likely to build up the older you get. :tongue:

I haven't been there for a month. Don't really how old Ian is doing. :redface:

Poor old Ian :frown:

Lol mine too. I wanted to go Alton Towers and try the smiler but after that accident...

Ikr, I don't want to die by living and enjoying life LOL XD I love saw so much, I love that fall so much!!
Original post by SeanFM
Forget Saw the rollercoaster, Saw the walking thingy is much scarier. :noway: especially when you accidentally get lost from the group :blushing:

I would never do it :redface: I kind of want too though, but I'm far too scared, as you may know (I have mentioned it on TSR before) I'm TERRIFIED sleeping of the dark...also slightly claustrophobic and then I also hate people in costumes, that has always scared me, and obviously I dislike the feeling of people jumping out at me for the sole purpose of scaring me...

Basically, I wouldn't enjoy it :redface: But idk, maybe this Halloween I may give it ago...who knowsssssssssssssss...you only live once, right? :colone:

How did you get lost? :redface:

*Also I think my fear of the dark contributes to my fear of death, because I perceive death as eternal darkness...that is terrifying!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Poor old Ian :frown:

Ikr, I don't want to die by living and enjoying life LOL XD I love saw so much, I love that fall so much!!

I know. The thrills! But if you're a fan of the movie the setting with jigsaw just looks so good too!
I know. The thrills! But if you're a fan of the movie the setting with jigsaw just looks so good too!

:redface: I haven't watched the movie....I need too though. BUT! Did you know it's all based on a real guy?
@SeanFM
@champ_mc99

[video="youtube;YSHHiSn96AQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHHiSn96AQ[/video]\

A happy feelings!!! :colondollar:
:redface: I haven't watched the movie....I need too though. BUT! Did you know it's all based on a real guy?

Lol are you sure? 6 movies about one guy? You should watch the first one at least.

@SeanFM
@champ_mc99

[video="youtube;YSHHiSn96AQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHHiSn96AQ[/video]\

A happy feelings!!! :colondollar:

Ahh I miss it. I've never been on stealth though.
I would never do it :redface: I kind of want too though, but I'm far too scared, as you may know (I have mentioned it on TSR before) I'm TERRIFIED sleeping of the dark...also slightly claustrophobic and then I also hate people in costumes, that has always scared me, and obviously I dislike the feeling of people jumping out at me for the sole purpose of scaring me...

Basically, I wouldn't enjoy it :redface: But idk, maybe this Halloween I may give it ago...who knowsssssssssssssss...you only live once, right? :colone:

How did you get lost? :redface:

*Also I think my fear of the dark contributes to my fear of death, because I perceive death as eternal darkness...that is terrifying!

Yikes, you do not have it easy with phobias.

Halloween... Well, that's brave, I'll give you that much. Especially if you've seen Final Destinantion.

Can't bloody casually link a vine :s-smilie: https://vine.co/v/e0vlV5wlzax

You had to keep your hand on the shoulder of the person in front :sexface: and someone came from behind and I messed it up.

It's all coming together now :K:
Lol are you sure? 6 movies about one guy? You should watch the first one at least.

Ahh I miss it. I've never been on stealth though.

Probably not all of them, but the character is based on a guy, look up the documentary. (I haven't watched that either)

Nor have I, I was too much of a pu...(not going to finish it but you know what I'm saying. :colondollar:)

Omg look at this! XDD ( @SeanFM)

2:31 min in made me laugh SOOO HARD!

"Oh, oh you tease! C'mon takibisha don''t be a little bitch, just let us go. I hate it when it teases us like this...mmmm ahhhh.." "I hate it but I love it" (sounded so sexual :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

[video="youtube;JL4u89wTnzM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4u89wTnzM[/video]
[video="youtube;pdWhDMbGYS0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdWhDMbGYS0[/video]

Well I'm off to china!! XDD
Probably not all of them, but the character is based on a guy, look up the documentary. (I haven't watched that either)

Nor have I, I was too much of a pu...(not going to finish it but you know what I'm saying. :colondollar:)

"Oh, oh you tease! C'mon takibisha don''t be a little bitch, just let us go. I hate it when it teases us like this...mmmm ahhhh.." "I hate it but I love it" (sounded so sexual :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lau gh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:)

[video="youtube;JL4u89wTnzM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4u89wTnzM[/video]

:lol: it is after midnight,we are all good.

These Japanese theme parks. :love:

I love how the guy is making lots of noise and you can hardly hear anything from the girl, and I should word this more carefully.

Will check it out thanks. Sorry I don't know what you were saying. :s-smilie:

Original post by SeanFM
Yikes, you do not have it easy with phobias.

Halloween... Well, that's brave, I'll give you that much. Especially if you've seen Final Destinantion.

Can't bloody casually link a vine :s-smilie: https://vine.co/v/e0vlV5wlzax

You had to keep your hand on the shoulder of the person in front :sexface: and someone came from behind and I messed it up.

It's all coming together now :K:

A fellow vine fan eh? Favourites? :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: it is after midnight,we are all good.

These Japanese theme parks. :love:

I love how the guy is making lots of noise and you can hardly hear anything from the girl, and I should word this more carefully.

You could worded that even more carefully! :colonhash:

:tongue:

I want to go!!!!!
Will check it out thanks. Sorry I don't know what you were saying. :s-smilie:

A fellow vine fan eh? Favourites? :tongue:

Yesss, vines are life. I will have to get back to you on that as it is late and I have 3 exams in the next 7 days. Adieu!
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you freak out! I know how you feel though, I'm not religious but sometimes I lay awake wishing there was some God, or someplace to look forward too after we die. Or a next life, to know that my spirit doesn't just end here. Just the reassurance of knowing that it doesn't all just end. I mean, I want to believe we all have some sort of purpose on being here, why else would we have life? Y'know, like out of all the failed sperm meeting the egg, we survived!! Surely then we have some purpose!

Idk, I just hope I am truly, truly happy in this life time so death seems alright, "the next step", idk but if I die tonight or tomorrow, my life was just a waste of time....XD

No it's fine, as I said, I often think about this anyway :redface:
I'm desperate for a sense of purpose and the idea of some kind of afterlife, personally I'm partial to reincarnation, it would be great to know that if you fail in this life, there is another chance to live again and make a better life...

I'm constantly being told to not think about death and enjoy my life while I'm young, but I can't see how I can just ignore it, it's terrifying!
As some Greek said: do not be afraid of death, if you are, there is no death, if there is death, there is no you.
Reply 76
I'm no physicist but I like to think of it like this: By E=mc^2 energy and mass are equivalent and by the conservation of energy principle energy can not be created or destroyed. So the energy that makes me up will be around forever even when I die so I guess that there is chance that if the energy in me is arranged in the same way again sometime in the future then I will be back even if this is very unlikely in the short term given the enormous time scales of the universe maybe it is not so unlikely. Like this: http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/94122/is-poincare-recurrence-relevant-to-our-universe
Nope. The traditional religious afterlives definitely aren't real so it'll either be nothingness which isn't bad at all or some strange and exciting post-mortem existence.
No, I don't fear death. It's inevitable, so what's the point?

I don't believe in an after life, but to me that is liberating and it sets me at peace that eventually nothing would have mattered. I actually find death a lot less scary now that I am not religious because I won't fear in burning in a hot fiery place for eternity.
Death is one of my biggest fears but I am more scared of dying young and leaving those I love behind rather than death itself if that makes sense? If I didn't have this fear then I don't think I would be anywhere near as uptight as I am or have as many panic attacks in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending