The Student Room Group

Already have my offers don't want to do my course anymore

Hi I have already got offers from my course but I don't want to do it anymore. I realised that although I enjoy it at A Level I don't want to take it further. But I have all my offers for psychology. But is there a way I can change course or do I have to tough it out?
Don't start course that you definitely don't want to do. You only get one round of student loan funding for your undergraduate degree so it's important to make a good choice. Even taking a year out is a small price to pay for being able to make a good choice and apply next year.

If you do choose something at undergraduate that you absolutely wish you did something else, it is possible to do a masters in the something else, especially now that masters loans are available.

But yeah, don't knowingly do something that you know you don't want to do from the offset.
Decline them an use UCAS Extra up till 30 June or wait for clearing.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Do not do a course you have to. You really only get one funded degree so make sure its one you want to do.
Original post by Girl17
Hi I have already got offers from my course but I don't want to do it anymore. I realised that although I enjoy it at A Level I don't want to take it further. But I have all my offers for psychology. But is there a way I can change course or do I have to tough it out?

If you like your 'new' course at the unis which have given you offers, contact them and ask if they would let you switch. If that doesn't work, try Extra.
Reply 4
Thank you for the advise but I have already accepted two of my offers. So is my only choice now clearing ?
Reply 5
Original post by Girl17
Thank you for the advise but I have already accepted two of my offers. So is my only choice now clearing ?

Like the poster above said, you can also contact your firm uni and ask if a course change is possible.
Original post by Girl17

My advice stands as written. Phone your firm and insurance and ask directly about changing course - assuming that they offer what you want and that you like the course content. Hundreds of students do this every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending