The Student Room Group

Why would you say this?

So, why would you often discuss celebrity crushes with someone of the opposite sex (or the same sex...your choice xD) and what does it imply about how you think/ feel about said person?

E.g. you're talking about a show you like and mention emphatically how attractive a certain character is...

Any opinions?
Well they're people just like you, you know. It's normal for us to see someone nice on the eyes and appreciate them, and that's as far as it gets. Out of sight, out of mind.

The reason they don't just keep it to themselves might either be because they like being open and are comfortable with you knowing them or they want to wind you up and see how you react; or both
Its normal for friends to discuss celebrity crushes or see someone on tv and be like "she/he's so hot!" "10/10 would bang" etc.
I do that with both my male and female friends, I dont see why you think it would imply anything about the person you're talking to. Most of the time if friends are saying stuff like that its just because they want to start banter about it. For example, "Wow she's fit" and your friend says something like "ew, m8 are you blind?" and you start arguing about it. Makes no difference whether your friend is a boy or girl.

Sounds like you're just trying to see things that aren't there.
Reply 3
Original post by insert-username
Its normal for friends to discuss celebrity crushes or see someone on tv and be like "she/he's so hot!" "10/10 would bang" etc.
I do that with both my male and female friends, I dont see why you think it would imply anything about the person you're talking to. Most of the time if friends are saying stuff like that its just because they want to start banter about it. For example, "Wow she's fit" and your friend says something like "ew, m8 are you blind?" and you start arguing about it. Makes no difference whether your friend is a boy or girl.

Sounds like you're just trying to see things that aren't there.

I get that it's normal and yeh, the example you suggest is often what happens... But don't you think it suggests that you don't find the person you're discussing this with attractive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending