The Student Room Group

Requesting Law School advice

Hi there from Canada,

I've just been accepted into Leicester, Newcastle, Birmingham and Surrey for law. I need to hear some personal experience before I make a decision. Also, i'd love to make some like-minded friends here :smile:

Also, the offer from Birmingham was conditional and unfortunately, i did not meet the required GPA. Do I still have a chance of going to Birmingham?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by weiweionai
Hi there from Canada,

I've just been accepted into Leicester, Newcastle, Birmingham and Surrey for law. I need to hear some personal experience before I make a decision. Also, i'd love to make some like-minded friends here :smile:

Also, the offer from Birmingham was conditional and unfortunately, i did not meet the required GPA. Do I still have a chance of going to Birmingham?

Thanks in advance!

If you have average pre-uni results, you won't have problems getting into Leicester, Newcastle or Surrey for law. They always have plenty of places remaining and since you're an international student that's great news for them. Birmingham will be a small problem because they tend to pretend that they're Oxbridge. They can be demanding so take whatever they tell you with a pinch of salt.

what qualifications are you using to apply to these unis? why do you want to apply to UK? Why not apply to unis in USA, Australia, Hong Kong?
Reply 2
Original post by Audrey18
If you have average pre-uni results, you won't have problems getting into Leicester, Newcastle or Surrey for law. They always have plenty of places remaining and since you're an international student that's great news for them. Birmingham will be a small problem because they tend to pretend that they're Oxbridge. They can be demanding so take whatever they tell you with a pinch of salt.

what qualifications are you using to apply to these unis? why do you want to apply to UK? Why not apply to unis in USA, Australia, Hong Kong?

Thank you for replying. I've already applied and received offers from the 4 schools mentioned above so it's a little late to apply to other countries.
Original post by weiweionai
Hi there from Canada,

Thanks in advance!

Did you apply for the two-year or three-year program? Are you entering from high school or did you already finish an undergraduate degree?

If you didn't meet the cut-off mark for your undergraduate degree, there might be a possibility that they might put you in the three-year program (I know Leicester does that), provided that they have enough space to fill the other candidates in. Since Birmingham is highly sought for its law program, it would be difficult for you to get a spot, but don't lose hope! If you are entering from high school, then you would most likely be rejected, since you did not meet the requirements of your conditional offer.

If that's the case, your other choices are great! I would probably stick with Newcastle or Leicester in that case. :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 4
Hey there! Thanks for the advice. Just heard back form Birmingham. They are willing to accept despite the lower GPA into the 2 year LLB. Guess I'm lucky this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending