The Student Room Group

2nd day of 6th year and I hate it already!

Just wondering if anyone else just really isn't motivated anymore :s-smilie: cant seem to concentrate and find all my subjects really dull! (Bio, Media, Maths, Microsoft academy and either AH mod studs or History but not chosen yet)

Roll on the summer holidays... and hopefully good exam results

Sorry just a little rant due to too much time spend looking at uni prospectuses and gap year stuff!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For the first three days of 6th year I really hated it classes were bad (also doing bio+maths but chem and history aswell) but this week I've actually started to like it so it might be the same for you!
Reply 2
its just coz your mentally exhausted after your exams. . . last year i went to the first day . .. and then lay in bed for 4days, totally depressed, no direction, sick of studying. . .hateing life . .. . . eventually i got over it.
Reply 3
Sorry to tell you, but, all of 6th year is like that.
Reply 4
Yeah I can confirm that. Sixth year will most likely seem a massive waste of time at this point next year for you guys.
Not a total waste of time. My poker skills have increased immeasurably.
Reply 6
ad absurdum
Not a total waste of time. My poker skills have increased immeasurably.

Haha, as have mine :biggrin:
Reply 7
Dhesi
Haha, as have mine :biggrin:

Ditto. And my Spit, Speed, Go Fish, Snap, Rummy and Cheat skills. We even had a Monopoly moment.

Sixth year's good. :p:
Reply 8
we were really into **** head for ages and then towards the end of the year chess for some reason
Reply 9
lucyrobyn
its just coz your mentally exhausted after your exams. . . last year i went to the first day . .. and then lay in bed for 4days, totally depressed, no direction, sick of studying. . .hateing life . .. . . eventually i got over it.

blimmy talk about overstatement of the year, exams are in no shape or form exhasting that is just silly and i reckon ppl should just stop complainng and just get on with it for crying out loud :-)
mitz247
blimmy talk about overstatement of the year, exams are in no shape or form exhasting that is just silly and i reckon ppl should just stop complainng and just get on with it for crying out loud :-)
Yes, because everyone else has exactly the same experience as you :rolleyes:. Erse.
Reply 11
mitz247

It depends on the person though, doesn't it? Some people find exams very stressful; others don't. Generally I don't, but I was still a bit drained after my Highers. They are mentally tiring, especially if you're the kind of person who worries a lot.
Yeah 6th year seems pretty boring... yet so relaxing too!

So much for "everyone will come together in 6th year" though the social group gaps are widening day by day :rolleyes:
Reply 13
clairette

So much for "everyone will come together in 6th year" though the social group gaps are widening day by day :rolleyes:

Our year really did come together a lot; maybe yours will just take a bit of time. :smile:
Reply 14
mitz247

i did OL higher physics, crash H Biology, H chem, H math, and H english. and i needed to get AAABB. you may be able to breeze through exams easily. . . or perhaps you just werent that bothered about your results. but for us who are human and who do care it is exhausting! i crammed like crazy and the day after my last exam i went back to school to start my 6th year! i didnt get a break and i hadnt stopped to relax for a month. . . ur a bit of a cocky arse and obviously find it impossible to see anyone elses point of view! leave out your egotistical and over sarcastic comments in future please!
I'd say watch out, sixth year was nearly the ruin of me. Would never recommend it.
The lack of motivation just seems to be thrust upon you and it is nigh impossible to resist.
Reply 16
I loved my sixth year, everyone came together and we just had fun, playing games, banter filled free periods, walks around the area, driving lessons xD all fun
Reply 17
Reverie.
Our year really did come together a lot; maybe yours will just take a bit of time. :smile:

Ours did come together, except we completely split into 2 groups. There used to be lots of little groups, but 6th year split us down the middle. At our ball there was two rooms, one group was in one room, the other group in the other room. When we did have to go into the same room for the dinner it was tables of our group, the teachers in the middle then tables of the other group on the other side of the room. :rolleyes:

6th year was good. The complete lack of motivation (it's infectous) wasn't the best combination with a conditional offer but I did a lot of other stuff which was fun enough. I did have a feeling throughout the year that it should have been very stressful but I couldn't and still can't bring myself to care.
But I didn't get to learn poker, no one would explain it to me so us who didn't kow it got a bit bored.
Haha, already things are improving! Have to agree with the lack of motivation, but I'd quite like to do med at Glasgow and they only do conditionals so I suppose I better do some work!

Card game knowledge improving rapidly.
Reply 19
I thought six year was cracking for the last few weeks there. You can't beat blowing off double maths for a game of footy with the lads. Home early, generally fannying about and lack of work seems right up my street.

Latest

Trending

Trending