The Student Room Group

Forbidden from exam discussion

Why are students forbidden from talking about what came in their exam?
Because it is hazardous to health :u:
Reply 2
I think it's because people all over the world can be doing that exam, and with the time difference some people can just browse the forum before their exams giving them an unfair advantage.
Reply 3
I've never been told to not talk about what came in my exam. And I don't think other countries use the exam boards from England. So, I'm not really sure why you're told that.
Original post by alkyone
I think it's because people all over the world can be doing that exam, and with the time difference some people can just browse the forum before their exams giving them an unfair advantage.

This isn't a problem any more - exam times are now adjusted so that everyone sites the same paper at the same time :h:
It's so that if you want to do the exam for fun when it gets publicly released you don't accidentally get subjected to spoilers.
Reply 6
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This isn't a problem any more - exam times are now adjusted so that everyone sites the same paper at the same time :h:

So someone taking a levels in Germany and someone in Australia do the test at the same time?
Original post by alkyone
So someone taking a levels in Germany and someone in Australia do the test at the same time?

Not really. For CIE International exams, there are paper variants depending on the timezone.
Original post by alkyone

Yup, and if this isn't possible then the people in different timezones will sit different papers :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Yup, and if this isn't possible then the people in different timezones will sit different papers :h:

Oh wow I can't imagine how much planning this takes.

Quick Reply

Latest