The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Spanish 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by george_c00per
Yeah AQA, the music festival question was hell :angry: I didn't think the A+B bit was too bad, and it was so weird how I found the last two sections pretty easy but the first question quite hard. :colondollar:

I guessed all the answers for that and I'm 99% they were all wrong :redface: I changed my answers for the A+B bit because I doubted myself afterwards smh :/ Really? The first question and the last questions were my favourites :biggrin: (due to the multiple choice :tongue:)
I'm just hoping the grade boundaries are low because I found the speaking exam very hard this year too! (The photo cards were terrible :s-smilie:)
Reply 121
The listening was slightly hard
Reply 122
Done the higher tier spanish readong and tbh found the 'fill in the spanish sentence gaps with spanish optional sentences ' awfully difficult x.x
There were some easier questions in that, but i still found it a bit harder than the past papers i done before so im hoping for somewhat low grade boundaries ;-;
Original post by surina16
I guessed all the answers for that and I'm 99% they were all wrong :redface: I changed my answers for the A+B bit because I doubted myself afterwards smh :/ Really? The first question and the last questions were my favourites :biggrin: (due to the multiple choice :tongue:)
I'm just hoping the grade boundaries are low because I found the speaking exam very hard this year too! (The photo cards were terrible :s-smilie:)

I'm sure they will be, this year's language exams have been really hard so they must have to lower the grade boundaries :colondollar: French listening was the spawn of satan.
I still have reading+writing in both languages, and I usually score very highly in them so hopefully that will bump my mark up a bit more.
I'm sure they will be, this year's language exams have been really hard so they must have to lower the grade boundaries :colondollar: French listening was the spawn of satan.
I still have reading+writing in both languages, and I usually score very highly in them so hopefully that will bump my mark up a bit more.

What kind of school do you go to? I've heard the qualification is mainly taken by private schools, which is worrying.
I nearly gave up in the French listening - one of the hardest exams I've ever done lol (if you're on about the same AQA iGCSE again :biggrin:).
Ah yes, I do like those two sometimes, it's just that they're the DAY AFTER EACH OTHER :angry: Not confusing at all... :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by surina16
What kind of school do you go to? I've heard the qualification is mainly taken by private schools, which is worrying.
I nearly gave up in the French listening - one of the hardest exams I've ever done lol (if you're on about the same AQA iGCSE again :biggrin:).
Ah yes, I do like those two sometimes, it's just that they're the DAY AFTER EACH OTHER :angry: Not confusing at all... :redface:

Spoiler

I go to a private school, which probably explains why we take IGCSE lol. There was only me and one other boy in my whole year who got an A* in the listening mock in January though, the school I go to isn't like Eton standards :biggrin:

Yeah, the French paper was awful, our CD player broke half way through as well :colondollar: the invigilator had no clue how language exams work either.

I am identical to you, I have 8 exams next week as well!! English Literature, Drama, French Reading, French Writing, Physics, Maths, Spanish Reading and Spanish Writing. Not looking forward to it :angry:
how did everyone find it?! :smile:
I thought it was a good paper, however it was definitely a little harder than many of the past papers, my teacher said the ones where you have to fill in the gaps with the right words / 'me_____' are usually the type to come up in AS & A level so it was supposed to be difficult! but over all i think it was pretty good. I've got another 2-5 years of spanish to go :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I go to a private school, which probably explains why we take IGCSE lol. There was only me and one other boy in my whole year who got an A* in the listening mock in January though, the school I go to isn't like Eton standards :biggrin:

Yeah, the French paper was awful, our CD player broke half way through as well :colondollar: the invigilator had no clue how language exams work either.

I am identical to you, I have 8 exams next week as well!! English Literature, Drama, French Reading, French Writing, Physics, Maths, Spanish Reading and Spanish Writing. Not looking forward to it :angry:

I had 8 this week D: im ready to sleep xD, good luck for next week! :smile:
Original post by massssssss_
I had 8 this week D: im ready to sleep xD, good luck for next week! :smile:

Wow, I bet you're glad that's over! Thanks :tongue:
I bombed that exam ;_;. Spanish is the only subject i get Cs and below in i absolutely hated it.

The listening went alright but the reading i found alot harder. What did you guys get for the questions on the reading?
I noticed that the harder questions in the Spanish listening were embedded earlier in the paper. For example, the source of the problem and the solution question. The final question in the listening was too easy! 3 marks given to you on a plate. The writing paper went well for me as it was very similar to previous past papers. No new spec in this exam! I just think that some of the trickier multiple choice questions near the start of the listening could have lost me some marks, as I wasn't quite into the Spanish by that point. Grade boundaries predictions:

Listening: 30/40 = A*
27/40 = A
23/40 = B

Reading: 36/45 = A*
that Spanish exam was god damn hard! anyone agree?

listening was easier than reading imo
yeah I agree^
i usually get A*s in the reading and atleast an A in the listening and in all the past papers i did the night before i was confident going into the exam.
But for some reason i found it quite difficult and i just idk :?
I want to learn spanish properly, but not like this, its literally all memorisation, especially with the coursework, you don't actually have to understand anything
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? :smile:)
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Hiya! Who else is pumped and ready for the AQA GCSE Spanish exam on the 20th May? Apparently the AQA French Listening exam changed format to around 27 questions with longer speaking extracts... #daunting
Anyway, lets get ready for the end of our GCSE Spanish careers!

Here are some links to past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/spanish-4695/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Some of my preferred revision resources:
http://www.memrise.com/course/70944/aqa-gcse-spanish-ht/
http://www.language-gym.com
http://www.spanishrevision.co.uk/gcse/gcse_index.htm

How did you find the exam? Compared to French I thought it was so easy, the listening especially, they spoke so slow and the vocab wasn't hard, i just struggled on the question about job adverts on the radio. I also thought the reading was quite easy, what did you guys think? I have A* in all courseworks so I'm hoping if i did worse than expected it will push me up.
Original post by eg1472
How did you find the exam? Compared to French I thought it was so easy, the listening especially, they spoke so slow and the vocab wasn't hard, i just struggled on the question about job adverts on the radio. I also thought the reading was quite easy, what did you guys think? I have A* in all courseworks so I'm hoping if i did worse than expected it will push me up.

I don't want to jinx it but I thought it went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending