The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Leviathan1741
Yes, I believe it should be legal. I don't think it's fair for people such as those who are terminally ill to remain in suffering until they die, which could potentially take quite a long time, they should have the choice to end their suffering early in a dignified way.

I absolutely agree with you on this too, I find it absolutely abhorrent that people suffering from both mentally and physically degrading terminal illnesses are not given the choice to end their suffering early, if they so choose. The prohibition of Euthanasia is one of the greatest injustices of our society in my opinion.
Original post by thebrahmabull
No, i am against it. If someone is in so much pain then they should be able to take a bit more pain and kill themselves, its their life...and if someone notices it then they shoukd stop them. The fact that people are consciously allowing and helping someone to take their life doesnot seem right to me.

What about my nana who was bed bound and begging to be killed does she have to suffer because she can't do it herself?
I'm in favour. With adequate checks to ensure consent, then I think a dignified exit should be allowed.
Original post by lascelles101
yes this is due to them being traditionally more right wing

Do you have a source to prove that disabled people are traditionally more right wing?
Original post by PQ
Do you have a source to prove that disabled people are traditionally more right wing?

The only disabled people who are more right wing are people who are brain damaged.
Original post by LillyFaye
The only disabled people who are more right wing are people who are brain damaged.

https://www.thefword.org.uk/2012/05/calling_out_dis/
when you use “brain damanged” to mean ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable, you’re essentially saying that brain damaged people are ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable.

classy
Original post by PQ
https://www.thefword.org.uk/2012/05/calling_out_dis/
when you use “brain damanged” to mean ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable, you’re essentially saying that brain damaged people are ignorant, messed up, annoying, crappy and unlikeable.

classy

0MHmlOG.jpg
Original post by lascelles101
i thought so... is their any exceptions??

Not that i know of. I am not very relligious yet so i havent read the quran.

Latest

Trending

Trending