The Student Room Group

Does God exist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ModernGoodGuy
Just to point out that evolution and the origin of life from natural processes are perfectly compatible with Christianity and the bible. And of course Christians are absolutely comfortable with the Big Bang, some even use it as evidence for God.

Your queries about evolution and the origin of life contradicting the bible seem to be specifically talking of Genesis.

Here's a good video of science and Genesis, specifically how to read Genesis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5bKa92eLkQM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well evolution contridicts Adam and Eve, and origin of life also contridicts Adam and Eve
Original post by Soph97
I've always thought about putting the two together. I adore science, I'm going to university to study it, and funnily enough I pair it strongly with my Christian faith.

"Nothing comes from nothing" as they say, so yes, there's evidence from the big bang. But who put it there? Who put the atoms there to create it? It's always so fascinating in this debate.

That's what I think! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah but who would put God there?
Original post by Jay_Gatsby123
Well evolution contridicts Adam and Eve, and origin of life also contridicts Adam and Eve

I certainly don't think so.

Evolution disproves a 7 day period of creation. Origin of life disproves a 7 day period of creation. But it doesn't disprove Genesis. In the same way, evolution disproves Adam and Eve as the first humans created from dirt which then gave rise to the human race. However, if you don't read Genesis as literally meaning 7 days I don't see why you should take Adam and Eve so ultra literally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph97
I've always thought about putting the two together. I adore science, I'm going to university to study it, and funnily enough I pair it strongly with my Christian faith.

"Nothing comes from nothing" as they say, so yes, there's evidence from the big bang. But who put it there? Who put the atoms there to create it? It's always so fascinating in this debate.

That's what I think! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But who created the creator?

I find the argument fascinating too as long as the people involved are open to both sides. I think people would find I would be the easiest person to turn if the evidence was strong enough. As long as people can be civil to each other and not let their religion control their thoughts, I am fine with whatever people believe.
Original post by ModernGoodGuy
I certainly don't think so.

Evolution disproves a 7 day period of creation. Origin of life disproves a 7 day period of creation. But it doesn't disprove Genesis. In the same way, evolution disproves Adam and Eve as the first humans created from dirt which then gave rise to the human race. However, if you don't read Genesis as literally meaning 7 days I don't see why you should take Adam and Eve so ultra literally?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean, could you explain again please
Hello
I'm not sure whether to believe it or not, all my friends and family are religious but with school and sciences telling me things that contradict the bible, I'm just not sure any-more.
What does everybody else think?

Think about how you came into existence, how we have day and night,rain, snow and sun.am sure you're not thinking any of these happened by chance???. Surely there is one supreme being who created us, the master of all, the master of the day of judgement.
Reply 26
Hello
I'm not sure whether to believe it or not, all my friends and family are religious but with school and sciences telling me things that contradict the bible, I'm just not sure any-more.
What does everybody else think?

I believe God exists. Why don't you do some research to make to make a decision. Research about every way of life and see what makes more sense or is logically to you. :smile:
Original post by Idris11
Think about how you came into existence, how we have day and night,rain, snow and sun.am sure you're not thinking any of these happened by chance???. Surely there is one supreme being who created us, the master of all, the master of the day of judgement.

Well day and night is from the earth rotating on an axis around our sun.
Rain is from the clouds which got the water from the sea so it's a cylce.
Snow is sort of frozen rain so similair procece.
The sun is a ball of hydrogen and helium which fusion and fission reactions going on inside.
So these points don't help me when I understand how they occur
Original post by h333
I believe God exists. Why don't you do some research to make to make a decision. Research about every way of life and see what makes more sense or is logically to you. :smile:

yeah that's what I'm doing, it's all very hard to figure out really
Well day and night is from the earth rotating on an axis around our sun.
Rain is from the clouds which got the water from the sea so it's a cylce.
Snow is sort of frozen rain so similair procece.
The sun is a ball of hydrogen and helium which fusion and fission reactions going on inside.
So these points don't help me when I understand how they occur

Who created the big bang???
Original post by Idris11
Who created the big bang???

Well as far as science is concerned it's still being figured out. But like other things that were thought to be caused by God because we didn't know how they worked were later proved to not need a God to happen or work. So the Big Bang is still being resurched to find out what happened
But I could raise the argument who created God?
Reply 31
yeah that's what I'm doing, it's all very hard to figure out really

That is great atleast you are open minded about it. I would like to advice you to put you forehead on the ground like bow down. And then sincerely with open heart ask for guidance from God and be truthful about wanting it. Just try it. In islam as a Muslim I believe that God will guide you to right path if you ask sincerely. Just start from there first.

The rest is up to you. Like make sure you research about all the ways of life out there and compare them etc.
I
Well as far as science is concerned it's still being figured out. But like other things that were thought to be caused by God because we didn't know how they worked were later proved to not need a God to happen or work. So the Big Bang is still being resurched to find out what happened
But I could raise the argument who created God?

I would love to send you a video, but just don't know how,, it has the answer to all your question
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
That is great atleast you are open minded about it. I would like to advice you to put you forehead on the ground like bow down. And then sincerely with open heart ask for guidance from God and be truthful about wanting it. Just try it. In islam as a Muslim I believe that God will guide you to right path if you ask sincerely. Just start from there first.

The rest is up to you. Like make sure you reaearch about all the ways of life out there and compare them etc.

Okay yeah thank you for the advice :smile:
Original post by Idris11
I

I would love to send you a video, but just don't know how,, it has the answer to all your question

You could copy and paste a link
Original post by h333

The rest is up to you. Like make sure you research about all the ways of life out there and compare them etc.

Ma shaa Allah
In my opinion, I think we just don't have a clue and that's the end of it. And we won't know either way unless He is revealed to us all at some point.
Religion is the main reason of war in the world right now, but to be completely honest anyone who believes of a magic man who built the world in 7 days or any other imaginary friend, they should al be put together to fight one another until none of them is left
No. The fact that religions still exist is the dumbest f****ing thing of this f****ing century. Yeah.. I'm pissed
You could copy and paste a link

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=POGgOkPX1gM
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending