4. UCL
5. Oxford
6. Warwick
7. St Andrews
8. Nottingham
9. Bristol
10. Edinburgh
11. Bath

Same old, shmame old. Data is crap though because it's not sampling the grad intakes, it's sampling random CVs in a database.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
LSE at it again
Original post by Trapz99
LSE at it again

Yh, but masters students account for the majority of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could get a job with any tier 1 firm holding a degree from those universities and still be absolutely minted.
Original post by Princepieman
Same old, shmame old. Data is crap though because it's not sampling the grad intakes, it's sampling random CVs in a database.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah typical Princepieman whining. I thought you'd be delighted that Warwick and Nottingham place on this list! Or are you disappointed that Warwick hasn't placed higher up? :wink:

And to quote from the article:
Of the 26,800 employees of J.P. Morgan on the eFinancialCareers database, more went to Columbia University than anywhere else
Pretty sure their analysis would look at grad intake as that's how they become employees in the first place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C_Richards99
Ah typical Princepieman whining. I thought you'd be delighted that Warwick and Nottingham place on this list! Or are you disappointed that Warwick hasn't placed higher up? :wink:

And to quote from the article:
Pretty sure their analysis would look at grad intake as that's how they become employees in the first place.

Not really 'delighted', I'm well aware all the uni names on that list are the same old names you'll see in the city. It's not a revelation.

Nah, it doesn't look at grad intake though.

People lateral into finance from all sorts of backgrounds, it's not sufficient to say 'x' number of 'y' uni grads work at 'z' company. To extrapolate that to grad intakes (especially when Ops, Risk etc are thrown into the mix when these roles aren't restrictive to which unis they recruit from) in this way is a sign of laziness, imo. Would have been better to tally up data from 2-3 years of recent grads - restricted to FO.

There are rainmakers at top banks with degrees from god knows where too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really that substantial given the plethora of contradictory rankings (in terms of semi-targets) out there for things like this.
Nottingham seems to be performing stronger than expected. What are the reasons for this?
Original post by glebp
Nottingham seems to be performing stronger than expected. What are the reasons for this?

Not sure, tbh. I do see a lot of Notts to Big4 to IB movement on linkedin + of course the direct hires into grad intakes. Their finance soc is solid, afaia, and they tend to be huge feeders into big4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure, tbh. I do see a lot of Notts to Big4 to IB movement on linkedin + of course the direct hires into grad intakes. Their finance soc is solid, afaia, and they tend to be huge feeders into big4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are the big4 elitist at all in terms of universities they recruit from? Because most of the people I see in the Big4 on linkedin and at careers fairs tend to come from Russell Group unis and especially Nottingham and Bristol...
Original post by Trapz99
Are the big4 elitist at all in terms of universities they recruit from? Because most of the people I see in the Big4 on linkedin and at careers fairs tend to come from Russell Group unis and especially Nottingham and Bristol...

Nah. When they're hiring 1k+ grads a year each, they can't afford to be that picky - especially for audit.

Tbf, in corporate finance (their IBD arms) and management consulting the make up is the same make up you'd expect at banks (i.e. target/semi-target lot).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah. When they're hiring 1k+ grads a year each, they can't afford to be that picky - especially for audit.

Tbf, in corporate finance (their IBD arms) and management consulting the make up is the same make up you'd expect at banks (i.e. target/semi-target lot).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. So for audit and tax there is no bias at all?
Original post by Trapz99
Thanks. So for audit and tax there is no bias at all?

Yeah pretty much.
Ideas for Morgan Stanley?
Reply 15
Original post by Breakingbank
Ideas for Morgan Stanley?

Pretty much the same, not that these lists are of any real use.
the only surprising uni on the list is Nottingham
Original post by CompSci16
the only surprising uni on the list is Nottingham

Not really.. Have you not been around banking circles? Notts is fairly represented after the big6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any reason why Durham is absent from the list?
I thought they were a decent "semi-target" for investment banks
Original post by aminoff
Any reason why Durham is absent from the list?
I thought they were a decent "semi-target" for investment banks

Because the list isn't that indicative of much. Linkedin had a better one but they took it down :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending