The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

That being said - not to make people scared now .. I really doubt they're gonna give us anything harder than last year seeing as it is the last year sitting this paper .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
That being said - not to make people scared now .. I really doubt they're gonna give us anything harder than last year seeing as it is the last year sitting this paper .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! I hope this is the case!
Original post by harryheych
Yes! I hope this is the case!

What did you get last year ? And what are you hoping for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anymorefor123
What did you get last year ? And what are you hoping for :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did really bad last year, had a massive panic and got a d :frown:.. this year I'm feeling a lot more calm so hopefully a B at least!
Original post by NzUddin
Hi all!
I've attached my own personal answers to the entire specification, it's VERY condensed but hopefully someone will benefit from it;
Day before the exam, wish you all the best!

-Nz ^_^

You're a star !!!! thank you so much
I always manage to avoid every mark in the "describe the data" questions. I guess the best bet is to just state the obvious first and then write as much as you can... then guess the rest😂
Tar also settles on the linings of the airways and damages/paralyses the cillia cells so they can't remove mucus and bacteria in the mucus as well as increasing the diffusion distance for gaseous exchange.

Nicotine makes platelets sticky which increases your likelihood of having a blood clot - these can both increase the risk of having either atherosclerosis or a stroke.

Carbon Monoxide combines with haemoglobin to form carboxyhaemoglobin, which is permanent. This will reduce the O2 carrying capacity of the blood.

As a result of the Nicotine and CO, the blood pressure is increased which can damage the lining of blood vessels. This causes an atheroma to form as low density lipoproteins (unsaturated fat, cholesterol and protein) are deposited in the wall along with fibres, platelets and dead blood cells. This narrows the artery lumen, reducing blood flow. As a result, you can end up with coronary heart disease and potentially suffer from angina, myocardial infarction or even heart failure if the plaque is in a coronary artery.

This is quite brief but if there's anything else then just ask or PM me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NzUddin
Hi all!
I've attached my own personal answers to the entire specification, it's VERY condensed but hopefully someone will benefit from it;
Day before the exam, wish you all the best!

-Nz ^_^

You are such a life saver! you don't happen to have something similar for f214/5:biggrin::colondollar:
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks!😁
Just checking, the exam is pm?
Original post by annaj97
Just checking, the exam is pm?

yup 13:30
Original post by mizzyportia
You are such a life saver! you don't happen to have something similar for f214/5:biggrin::colondollar:

Could you send me a link 😂please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzyportia

Haha, you're welcome!
And not just yet, still working on them! I'll post them once I'm done with them ^_^
Original post by NzUddin
Haha, you're welcome!
And not just yet, still working on them! I'll post them once I'm done with them ^_^

Thank you! I printed off your notes, perfect for last minute. To the point!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NzUddin
Haha, you're welcome!

Thank you:h:
The F212 notes are on page 23 :smile:
Original post by NzUddin
Haha, you're welcome!

What do you mean by xyz in your notes? :P
How did everyone find it? ::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AfroBella
How did everyone find it? ::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hard ☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 479
what was that! i'm going to fail

Quick Reply