The Student Room Group

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Instead of subunits i put chains would that be wrong?
Original post by rsharr028
I put beta pleated sheets.
Tertiary
subunits
quaternary

But can't remember the order of them
Omg I put this too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LaurenPF
I think I went for reasons...

I said that it more accurately represents the origins of bacteria and archaea, recognises that archaea and bacteria are distinctly different and that prokaryotes are distinctly different from eurkaryotes.. although protoctists are anomalies there

I went for reasons too but didn't write any of that so there's 3 marks gone :frown:
I wrote something along the lines of the development of the scanning electron microscope meant that it was easier to differentiate between organisms as organelles could be seen etc.
And I think I wrote about the study of genetic material made it easier to see similarities between organisms to simplify classification to 3 kingdoms
Reply 563
Also instead of drawing the beta glucose i just wrote that the OH would be above the plane of the ring. Would i still get the mark?
Original post by ben1gregoriou
I got 1.4 then 0.56g 😂

Lol I got the same as you .. Everyone else seemed to get 0.3 something in my school 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone remember how many marks there were for the enzyme conc experiment section? I have definitely ruined myself for all of those marks! And how would he have made it more accurate?
Also, what did people say about the EIA question? I said that because biodiversity was high then planning shouldn't go ahead.... But it didn't seem like a very biologically correct answer
Original post by ayodamola.a
Lol I got the same as you .. Everyone else seemed to get 0.3 something in my school 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got it as 0.35
What dis people put for the three reasons on the domain and the weird questions about suggest a mechanism for the fat and kidney crap
Original post by AfroBella
I went for reasons too but didn't write any of that so there's 3 marks gone :frown:
I wrote something along the lines of the development of the scanning electron microscope meant that it was easier to differentiate between organisms as organelles could be seen etc.
And I think I wrote about the study of genetic material made it easier to see similarities between organisms to simplify classification to 3 kingdoms

I only had those answers vaguely from past papers.. Would think you'd get the mark for microscopes enabling them to identify differences etc
Also, what did people say about the EIA question? I said that because biodiversity was high then planning shouldn't go ahead.... But it didn't seem like a very biologically correct answer

I think I said that EIA considers the presence of rare or endangered species of a project site and Simpson's Index of diversity only takes into account species richness and evenness, not if the species are endangered
I only had those answers vaguely from past papers.. Would think you'd get the mark for microscopes enabling them to identify differences etc

hope so, every mark counts at this point
Original post by jessiecoo
Yeah I got it as 0.35

How did you get 0.35?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25
How did you get 0.35?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1.4 X 250 = 350

then 350/1000= 0.35 (as it wanted it in grams)
Reply 574
I got the same
I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVERT I WROTE 35mg i cannot BELIEVE THIS
Was it just me that found this paper dreadful?
I feel as though I did better last year?! :\
Reply 577
I hope for lower grade boundaries
Original post by milutin767
I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONVERT I WROTE 35mg i cannot BELIEVE THIS

I didn't know how to do it at first and then I remembered 1000ml=1l, so I used the same principle :|
I think it's 2 marks though, so don't worry about it! :smile:
Unofficialmarkscheme?:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending