The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Think I got about 39/40 marks so I'm happy - but I did mess up on the percentage question put 66.6 :s-smilie:
Reply 1161
I know it's like far too early to be asking this, but just to try and calm myself a bit , any predictions for grade boundaries seeing as the test was considerably harder than all other past papers? I was thinking something like low/mid 40's for an A*, but maybe that's too optimistic, any other predictions?
Original post by KingKateley
For the question about the thrush and snail, could you put about how the snails lack of movement means less energy is used up in movement, meaning the thrush would gain greater biomass?

What was the question for this?? I don't remember it
Reply 1163
Original post by hguin
Lets create the unofficial mark scheme for today's biology paper, please help by commenting in this format: [Question number - Question - Answer - marks given].

Please continue to submit answers!

Unofficial markscheme

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=64879273&postcount=317

my last answer was to use satellite.
please someone tell me that's also right
"-3-
Original post by Sint
What did people put for why the 50million years old horse had feet that were well-adapted for its environment? I put large surface area so it wouldn't sink but crossed it out because the question specifically said why is it good that it has lots of joints, or would this still be correct?

Still correct. If it is about joins then most of use would fail that question. More about Natural selection and pressure and no sinking etc...
guys did you see on question 3 a ii) there was a MASSIVE MISTAKE
just seen the headlines what have i missed #banter
Original post by geographymaster
guys did you see on question 3 a ii) there was a MASSIVE MISTAKE
you will never believe it, NEWS FLASH
Original post by Cirsium
Yeah I know. It just amuses me. Imagine flunking half the paper and still getting an A*!

And the papers for the 3 science for unit 1 in 2012 were so easy too!!!
Original post by McFlufflepants
Wrong 0.7% because 0.666 rounds to 0.7 not 0.6

when doing any calculations if your doing something that is recurring you round it to 2d.p., NOT one. so the answer was 0.67% or 0.6% with a small dot above the six. otherwise you will not get the mark.
Original post by geographymaster
you will never believe it, NEWS FLASH

What was the newsflash?
For the last questions could you of said lichens or was it asking for animals?
Does anybody know the answer to the fish and mosquito? Can't really remember the question :colondollar:
Why was the thermostat connected to the data logger better than the thermostat on its own? (something like that)
For the answer i put that it was better as it could automatically record the data.
Reply 1174
Original post by charliej2802
The Calc was: (2,000,000/300,000,000) x 100?
Gave me 0.666666666% so 0.67%

Got that too'
Reply 1175
Original post by Nathan Emmings
What are you thinking then regarding boundaries?

44 is the average if you combine all the grade boundaries but since this one was hard i would say 42 for A*? If they lower them it wouldn't be lower than 39 if they choose to keep them average i feel like it will be 45 maximum (for A*).
Can anyone tell me what they put for the question about decaying grass and carbon dioxide? :s-smilie: I literally said the decaying grass releases carbon that gets trapped inside of the vacuum flask.
Original post by ETAE
I know it's like far too early to be asking this, but just to try and calm myself a bit , any predictions for grade boundaries seeing as the test was considerably harder than all other past papers? I was thinking something like low/mid 40's for an A*, but maybe that's too optimistic, any other predictions?

it would probably be more like 45 - 52; sorry to drown your feelings
Reply 1178
Original post by IshaAmaani
Does anybody know the answer to the fish and mosquito? Can't really remember the question :colondollar:

I'm pretty sure the answer was about the primary consumer being a plant in all food chains, so it couldn't be a mosquito
Original post by Tompicko22
Can anyone tell me what they put for the question about decaying grass and carbon dioxide? :s-smilie: I literally said the decaying grass releases carbon that gets trapped inside of the vacuum flask.

I started talking about respiration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending