The Student Room Group

Aerospace level 2 Stream Choice

Hey Guys,
First post, think it's in the right place but please let me know if not!

Im currently studying Aerospace Engineering at Swansea University, and am approaching the end of my first year. With this comes a choice; My Uni has 3 streams I need to choose from:

Space Stream
Rocket and Space Technology
Structural/Computational Stream
Aerospace Structural Mechanics and Materials
and
Material/Propulsion Stream
Mechanical Properties of Materials.

Basically, I don't know which to choose; I'd be interested in the Space stream, but I don't want to limit my employability. Any help and/or discussions appreciated,
thanks
E
Original post by Eragon33
Hey Guys,
First post, think it's in the right place but please let me know if not!

Im currently studying Aerospace Engineering at Swansea University, and am approaching the end of my first year. With this comes a choice; My Uni has 3 streams I need to choose from:

Space Stream
Rocket and Space Technology
Structural/Computational Stream
Aerospace Structural Mechanics and Materials
and
Material/Propulsion Stream
Mechanical Properties of Materials.

Basically, I don't know which to choose; I'd be interested in the Space stream, but I don't want to limit my employability. Any help and/or discussions appreciated,
thanks
E

The structural/computational stream would be the most beneficial career wise as structural mechanics/materials is applicable to a lot of different industries, but overall I don't think it will make much difference within the confines of an aerospace degree; i.e.you will be seen as an aerospace engineer first and foremost.

Quick Reply

Latest