The Student Room Group

OCR Geography 17th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimmyschool
wrote about boscastle and the need for management to protect the tourist industry, how tewksbury couldn't be managed despite the need for management and about Bangladesh needing it to protect the shanty towns located off the river but cant afford it

damn that would have been good if i had done that essay - i studied tewkesbury and bangladesh too! :angry:
Reply 21
I wrote about Dubai land reclamation and Florida Everglades for the coasts essays. No idea if they were right tho, didn't get the question. Anyone else **** the fauna one up?
Original post by lulupixie
damn that would have been good if i had done that essay - i studied tewkesbury and bangladesh too! :angry:

thaks, what did u write about? Everyone else in my class wrote about coasts so haven't really compared it with anyone
thaks, what did u write about? Everyone else in my class wrote about coasts so haven't really compared it with anyone

I did the coasts one so I can't help you there! Although I think both essays could have been misinterpreted (because the coasts is effectively the same as rivers). I wasn't sure whether to use my coastal management case studies (which I did) and then with 5 mins to spare was panicking if i should have used my conflict ones?! It was about need for management?! But i thought the conflicts was the same as the coasts short 9 marker?!
Reply 24
I wrote one point about plants and one about animals because I didn't know what fauna was
Reply 25
Original post by TanayP
Anyone do the rivers essay? If so what did you write about?

I used ganges and southern england for case studies examples. I said how location and the development of the country would effect which flood management methods would be best! What did you write about?
Grade boundaries show that last year 55/75 was a B - even if we got 0 on that essay but got full marks on everything else we have succeeded :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by cxxk
I used ganges and southern england for case studies examples. I said how location and the development of the country would effect which flood management methods would be best! What did you write about?

I wrote about how the management of flooding varies depending on the locations economic value, importance and the amount of people exposed if flooding was to occur. If these factors were high then the need for management and flood defences would be quite high. The case studies I used were the three gorges dam and the Thames.

Not sure if I did it correctly though
I just really need to smash the human paper - a decent tourism essay please with none of this 'global pattern' crap. OCR take notes. Oh and any data 4 markers are great thx
Reply 29

I did the river essay and I wrote about Tees Basin - Yarm Flood Defense Scheme to protect the residential, Ganges basin - about embankments as they need to protect the urban area as it's expensive to pay insurance and Nile basin about the dam to control water levels so it doesn't flood does this even make sense what am saying haha?
I think I made up 99% of my case study facts
Reply 31
I got mixed up between animals and plants. So instead of answering the 6 mark question on animals i talked about plants. I did the costs long question and aww it was horrible. I'm not sure if I was answering it correctly but I wrote something about how management in some locations in negative and sometimes where it was positive. I couldn't think of enough examples so my essay wasn't balanced

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending