The Student Room Group

Revision help aqa c1

Revision help for the upcoming chemistry exam unit 1 aqa
Reply 1
What do you think the 6 markers will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Rtinde
What do you think the 6 markers will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know an often one that ones up is fractional distillation but since what happened today with the biology I don't know
Reply 3
Ohhh okay, biology was great man

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there anything in particular you need help with?
Reply 5
I'm good thanks chemistry is my strongest science, just want to know if you have an idea of what is coming up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Rtinde
I'm good thanks chemistry is my strongest science, just want to know if you have an idea of what is coming up

Posted from TSR Mobile

General Predictions

Plenty of papers always start with atomic structure, so that is charges, location of sub-atomic particles, electronic configuration, mass of atoms, etc.

Most likely there will be equations that will need to be balanced, they are getting harder each year though.

AQA has started asking questions about topics such as emulsions and hardening of oils. You should know the structure of the emulsifier and the conditions for hardening. If you are every stuck when it comes to talking about conditions with anything to do on C1 just write down that it needs to be hot with a catalyst.

Looking at examiner reports, they often complain saying that students rarely answer bromine water questions correctly. The examiners love asking questions about topics that students will have no clue on (as we've seen in B1 already).

Displacement reactions might come up. Along with this a lot of practical experiment questions pop up in exams, so you should know how to work out the mean, spot anomalies, drawing graphs, predictions from data, lines of best fit, etc.

A lot of organic chemistry is likely to come up because of the amount of it that was on the course. For example, ethanol, how it is used, how it is produced, the problems with it; alkanes and alkenes and polymers as well. These were topics that examiners commented on in last year's report.

Potential 6 mark questions:

Anything to do with limestone, so quarrying, its production and the cycle of limestone. The reason for this is because it is not in the new specification so we will be one of the last years to be examined about this.

Polymers may appear because it is a big part of the new specification. So you need to know how to draw polymers, ethical issues to do with plastics, etc.

The Miller-Urey experiment hasn't come up in a long while either

Quick Reply

Latest