The Student Room Group

Is (UK) size 8 fat or chubby for someone who is 5'2"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
how old are you ?

Sweetheart no... that is a perfect weight for your size! Everyone has a different natural physique and metabolism though. And being a giant stick is definitely not preferable.
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
What? Why does it matter if you're chubby or not?
I'm not one of those anti-body shamer people, but your BMI puts you in the 'healthy weight' category.
If you are going to keep thinking negative, then you'll just feel worse about yourself.

I'll leave now.
*crawls back to corner of the room to cry*

In the real, adult world it probably doesn't matter what size I am.

In my world I was bullied, left out and one time beaten black and blue for being chubby as a child. So in my world there's a lot of pain and trauma associated with weight gain and I want to be able to control that. I know it's not true but in my mind being slim stops me from being mistreated and abused. Naive, I know.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Sweetheart no... that is a perfect weight for your size! Everyone has a different natural physique and metabolism though. And being a giant stick is definitely not preferable.

:emo:
In the real, adult world it probably doesn't matter what size I am.

In my world I was bullied, left out and one time beaten black and blue for being chubby as a child. So in my world there's a lot of pain and trauma associated with weight gain and I want to be able to control that. I know it's not true but in my mind being slim stops me from being mistreated and abused. Naive, I know.

There's this guy in my school OK?
He was called Matt and everyone called him "Fat" and then his surname.
Then he lost all the weight, and he got a ****ing six-pack. Even I was jealous at this stage. But everyone thought they should just call him "Mass" and then his surname.

People will always be dicks. I'm being bullied in school at the moment for my sexual orientation (apparently being bisexual is weird). People will always be dicks, but you just need to realise that there still are people who care about, and who gives a flying apple about what those dicks have to say?

Because I don't.

*seriously crawls back into corner and cries*
Girl, how is that fat? I'm 4'11" and I'm a size 10/12 and I can promise you, I'm not fat.

I won't lie though, I do sometimes see girls in college who are also short but are soooo skinny to make up for it and I sometimes wish I was like that. But then you have to remind yourself of all the amazing things that you have that they don't - and realise that looks aren't everything especially as it's all so subjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I even post pictures on anon?

Not sure, but TSR is quite dodgy with pics so something like photobucket would be better.

Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
What? Why does it matter if you're chubby or not?
I'm not one of those anti-body shamer people, but your BMI puts you in the 'healthy weight' category.
If you are going to keep thinking negative, then you'll just feel worse about yourself.

I'll leave now.
*crawls back to corner of the room to cry*

It matters to most people. BMI is a really awful measurement unit because it doesn't account for muscle mass.
Original post by Jebedee
Not sure, but TSR is quite dodgy with pics so something like photobucket would be better.

It matters to most people. BMI is a really awful measurement unit because it doesn't account for muscle mass.

IM SORRY DO I REALLY LOOK LIKE AN INTELLIGENT PERSON GOD YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS ARE ALWAYS ON MY BACK. That wasn't meant to be mean. If you took offence I'm sorry.

*ahem*
Your weight sounds about spot on to me :smile: I have a friend who's 5'3" and size 6, and she looks far too thin in my opinion!
Anytime.

I'm glad my response was of some help. I wasn't sure if this was the kind of thread men were supposed to comment on so I'm happy something good came of it. :smile:

It's true that it's also about proportion, but you shouldn't worry too much about others and their comments (I know that's an age-old platitude that's much easier said than done) but remember that people can get things about us wrong just as we get things about ourselves wrong (except me in these messages, I'm obviously the notable exception) :smile:

From what you've said though, you sound "bellissima" and you do yourself a disservice the more you worry and think anything different.
Reading this I actually thought you were my girlfriend hahah. She's just a couple of inches taller. I think she believes she's close to a size 10 and i think it's ridiculous how somebody can feel that way about their weight when they're that size.I wouldn't change her size up or down at all i think it's perfect. Plus if you want to lose sizes when you're between size 6 and 8 there aren't many sizes to lose hahah and for a reason.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
:emo:
I meant it's not preferable over OP's physique silly! Just different.
Hey, I am also 5 foot 2 and around a size 6/8 (depending on the where the clothes are from). I can see where you are coming from actually, I often feel as though because I'm small it makes me look really stocky, even though everyone seems to think I'm too thin (though I'm not). However I appear to have overcome this a bit with wearing clothes which are more fitted. I also tend to steer of really tight jeans as they make me look even shorter!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending