The Student Room Group

Let's RIOT Against AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamantroll
it was 90% application questions, 10% knowledge.

I mean what is the bloody point of it if they are meant to test your knowledge.

I spent ages revising stuff such as wbc, fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even touch upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

You have a lot to explain aqa

yeah and wtf i never learnt an "independent company"
this isn't business studies !
Reply 21
Original post by thefatone
That's bio for you, you must apply stuff i bio....

because knowledge isn't enough in the real world you must apply it, you won't be asked to recall knowledge when you have a job which requires bio knowledge, you'll be asked to apply it.

also you really are a troll aren't you?

i dont actually mean application questions, because you didnt apply your knowledge, i just couldnt think of a better word.

it wasnt representable, half of the stuff had nothing to do with biology, and like i said, it should be what is on the syllabus, kid
revise revise revise
HOW CAN I REVISE FOR A PAPER WHICH HALF THE QUESTIONS ARENT EVEN ON THE SYLLABUS
Original post by thefatone
That's bio for you, you must apply stuff i bio....

Yeah. It's more knowledge based than the other sciences and maths, at least at A-level, but you still need to be able to apply the knowledge.
The questions I found easy: Sexual and asexual reproduction, Cloning, Menstrual cycle, plant hormones, EVERYTHING IN THE SPECIFICATION (basically nothing in the test)
03742c62579d51d126bd44dd2ce9024a (1).png
Original post by sodonewithschool
loool i'm waiting for my exams to be this banterful init:lol:

bro exams aren't banter.... Wait 'til you drown in your own tears bro... You'll be too suffocated to laugh... Hahaha totally banterful... Yeah i bet you can't wait
All I know is that BIOLOGY WAS ****IN ******** like wtf is aqa thinking like seriously just because we are doing the old GCSE and it's the last of the old syllabus, does not mean you ask us questions that aren't even related to the syllabus like swear down they better lower the grade boundaries😩😴
At least we made it to buzzfeed guys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
that is a good thing op
Guys what did you expect that they are just gonna hand out marks? It prevents people from just memorising answers to every potential question. Stop overreacting@

Original post by IAmAnTroll
IT WAS 90% application questions, 10% knowledge.

I MEAN WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF IT IF THEY ARE MEANT TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN AQA

Original post by dhruvap
Totally agree, i had all the factual information memorised... there were at least 3/4 suggest questions and own opinion questions! Even the four markers were stupid!

Original post by RacShak
Asking stuff that's not on the syllabus as well
Reply 30
"Guys what did you expect that they are just gonna hand out marks? It prevents people from just memorising answers to every potential question. Stop overreacting@"
> What do you expect when people have spent the last 5 months revising things that havent even appear on the syllabus

I MEAN just Look at this twitter picture, it explains it all: https://twitter.com/oliviasumnerx/status/732589592080187392
Seriously aqa needs to calm the **** down like just because we are doing the last of the old GCSE syllabus does NOT MEAN YOU ASK US QUESTIONS THAT ARENT RELATED TO THE SYLLABUS. They best lower the grade boundaries coz everyone's gone mad 😂😩😴
IT WAS 90% application questions, 10% knowledge.

I MEAN WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF IT IF THEY ARE MEANT TO TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

I spent ages revising stuff such as WBC, Fertility drugs, adult cell cloning etc and it didnt even TOUCH upon it? We may as well have not even learnt any of it. This is a disgrace and isn't representable.

YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN AQA

were not the only ones look on social media and type in aqa on the hashtags
it seems the entire country feels the same so im guessing ums marks and grade boundarys will be lowered. it was a weird exam but i dont feel it was too hard
Reply 33
Original post by student nameless
it was a weird exam but i dont feel it was too hard

most people say its easy, when in reality, they've probably made a massive cock up
maybe you haven,t just saying'
Reply 34
aqa igcse french listening was worse
What a messed up exam. It's B1 after all. Imagine what B2 will be like. And what's up with all the snails and mosqutios AQA? And how does the term "independent company" have anything to do with Biology?
Haven't taken GCSE's in donkeys but this looks like a sound plan:

most people say its easy, when in reality, they've probably made a massive cock up
maybe you haven,t just saying'

LOOOOOOOOOOL that's so true like loads of people in my school who are crap at bio most of the time said the paper was "very very easy" like bish no😴
Reply 39
IF THEY DARE INCREASE THE MARK SCHEME FROM LAST YEAR for A* Im gonna sue them for encouraging drinking alcohol :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending