The Student Room Group

ICAS/ICAEW qualification at EY?

I am starting in September at a graduate job in London at EY and was told I would be doing the ICAS qualification. I even had a partner personally call and tell me this around a month ago.

I then recently received 2 emails in quick succession saying that I would be doing the ICAEW qualification, followed by another email saying it's changed again and I would be doing the ICAS qualification.

I was just wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and if doing the ICAS qualification makes any difference in the long run, and if I should ask them to do ICAEW instead? I am mainly asking this because I always hear about ICAEW but didn't really think that people in England did the ICAS.

Any answers would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hey, the exact same thing happened to me! I'm not really sure why there was such a mix up to be honest.

With regards to ICAEW vs. ICAS, I really don't think there's any difference in the long run. I've read somewhere that ICAS is slightly front loaded so you do more exams in your 1st year but can't confirm that until we get more info nearer the time.

Which service line etc are you going to be in? I'm going to be in Energy, UK&I Audit. My friend and future London housemate is also in Audit in Products & Services and she is doing ICAEW so I think it depends on your department as to whether you do ICAS or ICAEW.
Original post by TPres
Hey, the exact same thing happened to me! I'm not really sure why there was such a mix up to be honest.

With regards to ICAEW vs. ICAS, I really don't think there's any difference in the long run. I've read somewhere that ICAS is slightly front loaded so you do more exams in your 1st year but can't confirm that until we get more info nearer the time.

Which service line etc are you going to be in? I'm going to be in Energy, UK&I Audit. My friend and future London housemate is also in Audit in Products & Services and she is doing ICAEW so I think it depends on your department as to whether you do ICAS or ICAEW.

I guess we're going to be working closely together. I am also in UK&I audit in Energy. Also we will be doing the ICAS then, it seems like there's not much difference between the qualifications. Just now waiting to get going I guess at the induction in September.

Quick Reply

Latest