The Student Room Group

Ocr latin language tomorrow 17/05/2016

Hi is anyone as unprepared as me for Latin lang tomorrow? I find it so hard!

Scroll to see replies

I have it too! :smile:

Good luck :h::h:
Reply 2
Original post by Banana00
I have it too! :smile:

Good luck :h::h:

I dont know whether to revise grammar or vocab tonight... I havent done any of either :/
Original post by Crobby
I dont know whether to revise grammar or vocab tonight... I havent done any of either :/

Personally I think vocab is more important, as if you know the vocab you can try and bs the grammar
vocab is all just bs..... to many words
I'm fairly prepared.

I'm just hoping that it's a straightforward paper, without too many irregular verbs, or random unknown words.

But I'm really ready. Even with no grammar or vocabulary revision tonight.
Original post by Crobby

i would revise vocab coz if you completely **** up a word thats a major error whereas a grammar mistake may only be a minor error in the translation and you dont really need to know any grammar for the comprehension things..
Reply 7
How did it go? how many marks will I lose for saying he instead of she for Venus?
Original post by tmg1999
How did it go? how many marks will I lose for saying he instead of she for Venus?

It depends in what context, did you do it for the whole thing, or just one question, or the translation.
Reply 9
Original post by jamesj477
It depends in what context, did you do it for the whole thing, or just one question, or the translation.

In the question/comprehension it was why did Venus etc - and instead of saying - she had discovered that the young man had given to gifts to her i said he had discovered that the young man had given no gifts to him
Original post by tmg1999
In the question/comprehension it was why did Venus etc - and instead of saying - she had discovered that the young man had given to gifts to her i said he had discovered that the young man had given no gifts to him

dw you got the correct translation apart from that, at most you'll drop one mark, but it might say accept he/she as it techinally could be either, u never know
Reply 11
I'd say could be a minor... really depends on the mark scheme! You know the first multiple choice about her being beautiful/marriage? What did you put?! I changed my mind from C to D but it wasn't an ablative of comparison so I'm really annoyed now.... :unimpressed::angry:
Original post by fuzz13
I'd say could be a minor... really depends on the mark scheme! You know the first multiple choice about her being beautiful/marriage? What did you put?! I changed my mind from C to D but it wasn't an ablative of comparison so I'm really annoyed now.... :unimpressed::angry:

I thought that was pretty obvious what were the options?
Did she prepare a cruel plan or cruelly prepare a plan?
Reply 14
C was they heard that she was beautiful
D was they heard that she was more beautiful than them

So yeah fairly obvious but the 'quam' threw me!

Original post by Crème brûlée
Did she prepare a cruel plan or cruelly prepare a plan?

Cruelly prepared I think, but now I'm starting to doubt everything that I put..
Original post by fuzz13
C was they heard that she was beautiful
D was they heard that she was more beautiful than them

So yeah fairly obvious but the 'quam' threw me!

Cruelly prepared I think, but now I'm starting to doubt everything that I put..

i said cruel plan but really don't know
I am pretty certain that it is cruel because 'crudele' is not an adverb (it is a neuter adjective - cruel). 'crudeliter' on the other hand is an adverb (cruelly).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
For hic verbis auditus i changed my answer from having heard these words to with the words having been heard. Is that a major?
Yeah, I also put "cruel plan".
Also did anybody else finish ridiculously early?? I still had half an hour left when I'd finished :/
Original post by igggy
For hic verbis auditus i changed my answer from having heard these words to with the words having been heard. Is that a major?

I would say that your answer is correct - his verbis auditus is an ablative absolute and you have just translated it literally, so i think they will accept it :smile: How did you find it overall?

Quick Reply

Latest