The Student Room Group

Law career with ABB

Hi guys,

So I'm currently a student at Leeds university studying philosophy and politics. I've just finished my 2nd year and I'm on track to achieving a 2:1

I recently decided I wish to pursue a career in corporate law after much thought and reading about corporate law itself. I also (luckily) managed to get work experience at Clifford Chance through a family friend and enjoyed it very much.

The only downside is that when I was at school, I frankly didn't try at all. I got 2 A*'s at GCSE, 4 B's and 4 C's. I also got ABB at A level in Theology, History, and Business Studies. I realise the committment one has to make to be a lawyer, and I no longer have the attitude I once had at school.

I plan on doing a GDL at the University of Law straight after my degree. My question is, will employers look unfavourably at me because of my academic record? Obviously I realise MC firms wouldn't think much of someone with ABB. But outside MC firms does this hugely matter?

Lastly, I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but I would only appreciate comments where people have some knowledge regarding this matter. Unlike the typical SR "You're doomed if you don't go to Oxbridge and have all A*'s" response.
Original post by Nozick11
Unlike the typical SR "You're doomed if you don't go to Oxbridge and have all A*'s" response.

TBF I dont see people saying that on here.

yes you stand a chance, although you will just have to try and find your level. One of the things is that you need to stand out and pretty much everyone will have that or better. If you persevere, do your research and put effort in then you should get in somehwere, although quite where on the food chain I couldnt say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending