The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is kinda an exam mistake but not quite. In my Camb interview when they gave me a question I said loud and clear that 6/3 is 3. I also forgot how to expand a quadratic hahahaha
Also last year in my real physics paper I said a particle was a baryon, then written the quark structure of a meson :colondollar:
Original post by shuu00
This is kinda an exam mistake but not quite. In my Camb interview when they gave me a question I said loud and clear that 6/3 is 3. I also forgot how to expand a quadratic hahahaha

This reminds me, probably my biggest exam mistake (something tells me it had a lot to do with the lack of an offer..) was on my Cambridge interview day when they gave us an hour long STEP type thing, and I "proved" an equation about a ball falling under gravity using similar triangles, not realising that its path was a parabola...
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This reminds me, probably my biggest exam mistake (something tells me it had a lot to do with the lack of an offer..) was on my Cambridge interview day when they gave us an hour long STEP type thing, and I "proved" an equation about a ball falling under gravity using similar triangles, not realising that its path was a parabola...

It's all that stress man hahaha
Original post by Tropojanja
No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?

on the gcse english lit paper we had it said talk about one violence scene in of mice and men and i wrote about two even though one was in bold and italics
6 + 3 = 6
It was a mock exam in high school in France. I did the literary commentary of the wrong text (as there were three). 8 pages completely off-topic.
3x3=6

Spoiler

C1 last year part of a question required -3-1

I made that 3 and got the whole thing wrong
In the English Lit exam last Monday, I spent the whole 1:30 on poetry (Section A) When I finally finished, as soon as I flipped the page they said "can you all please put your pens down." I literally had a hot chill, I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. But apparently I can still get an A depending on if I get 20+ in this one and 40+ in Friday's one :':wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Lmao today in my sociology exam I opened my paper and started to cry because I didn't know any of the answers. With a tear rolling down my cheek I turned the page and lo and behold, I had been staring at the wrong flipping section that wasn't applicable to me. So glad I take my exams alone so no one saw me weep about nothing :colondollar::biggrin:
In my AS Japanese exam I translated the word for marzipan into English as 'magic bread'
Original post by HeimIX
In the English Lit exam last Monday, I spent the whole 1:30 on poetry (Section A) When I finally finished, as soon as I flipped the page they said "can you all please put your pens down." I literally had a hot chill, I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. But apparently I can still get an A depending on if I get 20+ in this one and 40+ in Friday's one :':wink:

That's so annoying!! Do you think you'll be able to get the A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Failed to get a higher grade in English GCSE cos a Pigeon crashed in the window and I spent the next 15 minutes thinking how that dumb pigeon was instead of working. Idk if this counts but it was dumb either way.
Original post by Anmol_.
In English igcse exam this year, I signed off question one writing love from and then my own name :colonhash:

I didn't sign my letter! :ashamed2:
FP1 on Friday - did an entire long complex number question. Decided at the end that I'd got it wrong so scribbled it all out. Then re-read the question and realised id got it right but had scribbled it out too much that it couldnt be seen so i had to spend 5 minutes re-writing everything. Cost me enough time to complete the paper....

And my mate in a chemistry mock wrote "elephants" instead of "elements"..... Still got the mark :h:
In my English Language exam last year we were supposed to write a letter to the council saying whether your school should or should not be shut down. I misread it thinking that it was just that A school should be shut down, probably wouldn't have been too noticeable if i hasn't posed as a women saying that an all boys school should be shut down :lol:

Don't think it cost too many marks but still stupid :colondollar:

Also √25 = 25 (obviously)
Reply 177
i once did the paper for a subject i didn't study, ended up with an A* so alls good. #yolo #rs #squadgoals :troll:
Im pretty sure i have spelt seperately and coalesce wrong and differently every single time ive sat a paper.
This was in an end of topic test, but I misread the correct answer on the calculator by putting the decimal point in the wrong place :frown:
My teach made it worse by circling it and writing "SHAME!!!" next to it :angry:

Latest