Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Land Law Undergraduate Help!

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Does anyone know whether they are easement or licence or others?

    Chris is entitled to keep the satellite dish on his roof;

    Edward is entitled to place a ladder against Chris' gable wall whenever he needs to adjust the dish;

    he, Edward, can continue to park his two cars on Chris' land where the original title owner used to place his car before the land was sold to Edward and Chris

    If it's a problem question, then just say it could be both and explain how to create an easement / a licence, what are the differences, etc. If the land was in fact bought by both of them, then it probably would not meet the requirements for an easement - the land must be in separate ownership and there must be a servient and dominant tenement (ie Hawkins v Rutters; Roe v Siddons; Re Ellenborough Park). Also, if it was, the question does not make sense; they would not need a licence to use their own land for such purposes.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.