The Student Room Group

French Edexcel 2016 listening and reading today!

Hey guys!
Did the paper today!
Iit was okay... Anyone know and up for a discussion of the answers? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I found the listening easier than the reading, wbu?
Reply 2
I found the listening very hard, but the reading quite easy
Ffs😂 Probably failed french, how do you guys feel about the difficulty? Aqa people are complaining about their listening exam
Reply 4
The listening was actually surprisingly difficult compared to the reading which I did first and found generally pretty easy. Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries then
Reply 5
Glad this is a thread! I've been wondering whether anyone knows the answers to the questions to the Higher Listening. They were decent questions but I don't won't to get my hopes up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
IGCSE right?
Also hoping for low grade boundaries! What did you guys write for the sport she did with her father? Was it water sports? Or am I just stupid lmaooo
Reply 8
Original post by ElaArslan
Also hoping for low grade boundaries! What did you guys write for the sport she did with her father? Was it water sports? Or am I just stupid lmaooo

to my dismay after putting 'sailing' it was actually wind surfing according to my teacher. the listening destroyed me.
****.. Well I hope everyone did well. What grade is everyone aiming for?
Wind surfing?????? CRI CRI, I put surfing only!! :frown: - had high hopes for the reading as well!

Aw youre not stupid, her dad was an expert of giving lessons on wind surfing
What answers did you get for the A* listening question? Did you get :
14-15 years old
They spend most of their free time in their rooms
Smartphones are becoming more popular than the TV
Girls prefer cultural and artistic activites
Not sure for the part 2:
Children said they prefer to watch sporting competitions on TV and They don't have enough space to do their PE lessons?
And choice of sports is influenced by the pleasure they get
And choice of sports is influenced by their friends
I feel like my answers weren't specific now and I feel I may loose out now...I am so worried
I did basically the same for part 1, and the first one in part 2 but then I just blabbed for the rest
Can we all appreciate Enzo the cat walking all the way to Paris!

Like c'mon that's Disney standard :rofl:
I found the listening easier than the reading, wbu?

that's surprising many people found reading easier!
What did u get for the A* listening questions?
Ffs😂 Probably failed french, how do you guys feel about the difficulty? Aqa people are complaining about their listening exam

Don't think negatively!
LOOL aw why are the AQA people complaining about their exam?
It wasn't the worst listening I've sat, but i was never good at it. It's nice that the bleeps got less annoying this year. I liked this paper since they listed the wrong answers. TBH it was just guessing. I think reading went pretty okay, i finished with 10 mins to spare and spent it staring down the invigilators.

Started rooting for Enzo
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle
It wasn't the worst listening I've sat, but i was never good at it. It's nice that the bleeps got less annoying this year. I liked this paper since they listed the wrong answers. TBH it was just guessing. I think reading went pretty okay, i finished with 10 mins to spare and spent it staring down the invigilators.

Started rooting for Enzo

Enzo is actually trending on twitter as well LOOL
Original post by stressedoutt
What answers did you get for the A* listening question? Did you get :
14-15 years old
They spend most of their free time in their rooms
Smartphones are becoming more popular than the TV
Girls prefer cultural and artistic activites
Not sure for the part 2:
Children said they prefer to watch sporting competitions on TV and They don't have enough space to do their PE lessons?
And choice of sports is influenced by the pleasure they get
And choice of sports is influenced by their friends
I feel like my answers weren't specific now and I feel I may loose out now...I am so worried

For part one I got those answers, for b I said something like 'young people spend most of their leisure time in their bedrooms doing things like playing video games' lol
Said something about the spirit of the game not mattering to them somewhere?
Only got the one about friends influencing them, completely blanked and didn't hear the other one.. Hate the writing ones, mark scheme is incredibly specific and always has a long list of answers they reject :frown:
Anyone know the answers for the question about the girl's teachers, that screwed me over

Reading was pleasant apart from me deliberating over whether it was windsurfing or sailing (unfortunately picked the wrong one)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending