The Student Room Group

Why do leftists love Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onde
I see you have not addressed the other things I mentioned re: the early Muslims not faulting the hadith that said that Muhammad had sex with a child, that the qur'an allows men to have sex with children, and Muhammad having sex with a child who still played with dolls.

I do not just take issue with Muhammad having sex with a child, but I also feel aggrieved by his support of polygamy, wife-beating, and rape of slaves.

Seriously?
well then:
A girl starts out being a child. This is further proven in Noble Verses 22:5 and 40:67 above (child). Then she becomes a fataat , which is what (your young ladies) is derived from in Noble Verse 4:25.

Clearly, Allah Almighty never allowed marriage with a child!
Here's some verses:
[ Quran 024:059] But when the children among you come of age, let them (also) ask for permission, as do those senior to them (in age): Thus does God make clear His Signs to you: for God is full of knowledge and wisdom.

[Quran 065:001] O Prophet! When ye do divorce women, divorce them at their prescribed periods, and count (accurately), their prescribed periods: And fear God your Lord: and turn them not out of their houses, nor shall they (themselves) leave, except in case they are guilty of some open lewdness, those are limits set by God: and any who transgresses the limits of God, does verily wrong his (own) soul: thou knowest not if perchance God will bring about thereafter some new situation.
This is the Surah of "Divorce"
The verse starts off by discussing the waiting period for women who have ceased to menstruate, in the case of a divorce. Therefore, it has laid the context of adult women who are of menstruating age. Obviously then, “those who did not menstruate” is from the context of adult women who are supposed to menstruate, but did not do so. This medical condition is called Amenorrhea where a woman does not have menstrual periods. The waiting period for such women, then, is the same 3 months

[Quran, 4:6] “And test the orphans [in your charge] until they reach a marriage*able age; then, if you find them to be mature of mind/sound in judgment, hand over to them their possessions…”

The Quran basically spells it out that you cannot marry any type of child.
Original post by Omen96
The left have a strange relationship with Islam, they see beauty in it, they defend it, they always work to promote it. It's as if we have had a reversal in the parties. Right wingers, especially most I know don't even associate with religion anymore, left wingers on the other hand associate with Islam and Islamic terrorism on a grand scale

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to defend terrorism. They condemn terrorism, rightly so. Don't get it twisted, terrorism is not Islam and Islam is not terrorism.
Original post by ovo_zverit
or even using derogatory terms.

................ You're too easy and narrow minded. Sorry ;D

:biggrin:

You couldn't make it up
Original post by Onde
I think if you call Muhammad, or Bin Laden, or Stalin etc. your prophet and leader, and even venerate their names, it is perfectly legitimate for others to think you are a "bad" person.

Muhammad by his own account can be easily be determined to be one of the most evil people who ever lived, and the creator of one of the most evil ideologies ever drawn up.

Please provide sufficient evidence, as to how Muhammed (pbuh) was "evil", as it can be easily determined.

Are you religious in any way?????
If not, then you're just a tad biased.
In what way is Islam and evil ideology? You cannot know that unless you practise the religion. So your point is irrelevant.
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;64988377"]:biggrin:

You couldn't make it up[/QUOTE

Make what up?
Please provide sufficient evidence, as to how Muhammed (pbuh) was "evil", as it can be easily determined.

Are you religious in any way?????
If not, then you're just a tad biased.
In what way is Islam and evil ideology? You cannot know that unless you practise the religion. So your point is irrelevant.

It's clear we have different standards as to what constitutes evil

raping a child is evil (old mo did this) and that's just the start

But there is no point in having this old argument over and over again with those who are here to simply deny this.
Original post by Onde
"Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if ye have any doubts, is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same): for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy." qur'an 65:4

Again, the qur'an says it is permissible for men to have sex with children, including those who have never menstruated.

Quite most translations add the word 'yet' and in this context those who have not yet had their menses is clearly referring to children.
Original post by BaconandSauce
It's clear we have different standards as to what constitutes evil

raping a child is evil (old mo did this) and that's just the start

But there is no point in having this old argument over and over again with those who are here to simply deny this.

"Old mo"? I mean it would be nice if you had the slightest bit of respect. Do you have evidence from 570 AD - 622 AD showing that he even laid a finger on a female in such a way?

When you have found concrete evidence, please feel free to reply, otherwise don't bother.
[QUOTE="ovo_zverit;64988521"]
:biggrin:

You couldn't make it up[/QUOTE

Make what up?

That you claim not to use derogatory terms then end with calling posters narrow minded a derogatory term
"Old mo"? I mean it would be nice if you had the slightest bit of respect. Do you have evidence from 570 AD - 622 AD showing that he even laid a finger on a female in such a way?

When you have found concrete evidence, please feel free to reply, otherwise don't bother.

Oh come on I dropped the usual 'pedo' term after his name out of respect :biggrin:

Yes I have the Hadith collections where her age is documented no less than 5 times
Reply 250
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to defend terrorism. They condemn terrorism, rightly so. Don't get it twisted, terrorism is not Islam and Islam is not terrorism.

Well that is entirely debatable. Islam causes terrorism nonetheless and the ideology itself is fascist. But I am happy you proved our point, you did not address leftists defending Islam, so give us an answer, why do the left defend Islam and the teachings of Allah?
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;64988717"]

That you claim not to use derogatory terms then end with calling posters narrow minded a derogatory term

Derogatory would mean I'm being disrespectful. I don't think that was the case. I was simply being honest, I'm sincerely sorry if you can't deal with truth.
What is disrespectful, is your mocking and degradation of a religion which consists of around 98% perfectly peaceful people who just want to practise something they believe in.
Only a minority interpret Islam in a wrong way, making those brain washed by the media, believe that Muslims are bad people.
[QUOTE="ovo_zverit;64988891"]

Derogatory would mean I'm being disrespectful.

derogatorydɪˈrɒɡət(ə)ri/adjectiveadjective: derogatory

showing a critical or disrespectful attitude

Calling people you do not know narrow minded is derogatory

sorry you don't understand the language you are using but it is clear you were being derogatory towards TSR posters who you simply disagree with.

I have no need to show respect to a faith started by a pedo camel thief. That it's followers do not see this is irrelevant to me as are their issues with my opinions on their faith.

But in my 'culture' respect is earned not demanded.
Original post by Omen96
Well that is entirely debatable. Islam causes terrorism nonetheless and the ideology itself is fascist. But I am happy you proved our point, you did not address leftists defending Islam, so give us an answer, why do the left defend Islam and the teachings of Allah?

Islam doesn't cause terrorism. I'm a Muslim, a follower of Islam. I don't recall causing terrorism in anyway shape or form. What causes terrorism is corruption in 3rd world countries. Governments are corrupt. Muslims don't carry out acts of terrorism. Murderers carry out terrorism. You cannot be a Muslim and a murderer. You're either one, because killing is regarded as extremely haram (unlawful) in Islam, and I'm sure in pretty much all religions. And yes you may say, ISIS claim to be Muslims etc. Yes, they can claim to be anything, Jewish, Catholics etc. But that doesn't go to say they lawfully are. They are simply interpreting Islam in a wrong way, and drag the religion through shame due to brain washing media. You are only told what you want to hear.

Leftists defend the teachings of Allah, because the teachings of Allah do not say, "go around beheading for the banter" or "go blow that building up to cause a stir". The Qur'an, the holy book in Islam clearly states that Islam is a religion of peace. And a majority of Muslims live by this and understand it. Just a minority, who aren't lawfully Muslims, but claim to be, decide to wrong. Simply because they're bad people, not because they are Muslims. Leftists have obviously had the sense to research and understand the religion, instead of making themselves look like fools by assuming ideas.
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;64989075"]

derogatorydɪˈrɒɡət(ə)ri/adjectiveadjective: derogatory

showing a critical or disrespectful attitude

Calling people you do not know narrow minded is derogatory

sorry you don't understand the language you are using but it is clear you were being derogatory towards TSR posters who you simply disagree with.

I have no need to show respect to a faith started by a pedo camel thief. That it's followers do not see this is irrelevant to me as are their issues with my opinions on their faith.

But in my 'culture' respect is earned not demanded.

A "pedo camel thief"?
Please I beg you not to say anything further. Simply because I don't want you to look like a fool. Define a hypocritical person, yeah? ;D
Original post by Onde
Rather difficult when even the earliest fragments of the qur'an probably do not date to as "early" as that.

Where is the concrete evidence??? I see none.

A "pedo camel thief"?
Please I beg you not to say anything further. Simply because I don't want you to look like a fool. Define a hypocritical person, yeah? ;D

Yes 'old mo the pedo camel thief' (hate to break this to you but a lot of non muslim hold this opinion)

I'm confident in my opinion and how it's formed

'Define a hypocritical person, yeah?' that's simple ---- You.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Onde

The percentage of adherents that are peaceful has no bearing on whether the religion is actually peaceful in content.

It is of course argument ad populim

Negated very easily really
[QUOTE="Onde;64989505"]

The percentage of adherents that are peaceful has no bearing on whether the religion is actually peaceful in content.

With Islam, it was founded by a warlord who attempted to conquer the world with bloody imperial conquests with the ambition of forming an authoritarian state where the punishment for public dissent was to brutally murdered. In order to be a Muslim, the first tenet of Islam involves you accepting Muhammad as the messenger of god, and thus your ideological leader. It is thus very rare for Muslims to say anything negative about Muhammad, despite his many faults, or to clarify how the the continuous Islamic attempts at imperialism over the last 1300 years and more are no longer applicable.

You have 0 knowledge of Islam, and yet a billion things to say about the religion. Funny. I'm sure you'll understand one day, or you won't. Either way, I don't think I'd care.
Original post by inhuman
No, why?

How can you not be a believer but claim Mary was a virgin if she gave birth to Jesus?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending