The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing A2 English Literature?

It's a year on after I left A-levels and I'm currently in an I.T. apprenticeship for some experience.
I left A levels with a distinction * in I.T, distinction in Media, and an A in AS English (AQA).
First question, is it possible to do some sort of part time English Literature course for only A2, as I feel it may be worth getting three A2s.
Second question, if possible, would it even be worth getting an A2 in English?
If I converted my grades it would be around the lines of A*AA if I were to get an A2 in English. However I want to go to a good university and many ask for AAB or AAA, which I could have if I did somehow get my A2 done in English.

Thanks
Original post by JoelTLOU
It's a year on after I left A-levels and I'm currently in an I.T. apprenticeship for some experience.
I left A levels with a distinction * in I.T, distinction in Media, and an A in AS English (AQA).
First question, is it possible to do some sort of part time English Literature course for only A2, as I feel it may be worth getting three A2s.
Second question, if possible, would it even be worth getting an A2 in English?
If I converted my grades it would be around the lines of A*AA if I were to get an A2 in English. However I want to go to a good university and many ask for AAB or AAA, which I could have if I did somehow get my A2 done in English.

Thanks

It all depends on if your english qualification spec was still available to be sat or not. I think getting 3 a2's would definitely be worth your while, otherwise it's likely you'd have to do a foundation year to get onto a degree.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
It all depends on if your english qualification spec was still available to be sat or not. I think getting 3 a2's would definitely be worth your while, otherwise it's likely you'd have to do a foundation year to get onto a degree.

But then you have a lot of uni's who accept AS level if you have at least 2 A2s?
Original post by JoelTLOU
But then you have a lot of uni's who accept AS level if you have at least 2 A2s?

There are some out there but not that many.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
There are some out there but not that many.

Ah right, just so happens the ones I am interested in have offered it so far!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending