The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Unit 2 Global Investigations-Friday 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImCinimod
For the last rebranding question I put down Cornwall needed rebranding, would that count?

I am sorry mate, but I am afraid this wouldn't get many marks as Cornwall is recognized as a rural area, and the question was specifically asking about urban, and therefore you should have talked about rebranding before London olympics, Canary Wharf in London etc...
Or manchester, Or Birmingham or whatever other case studies you did but cornwall. May be even about your fieldwork.
Original post by harryleavey
It is risky. I would consider most rebranding strategies in Cornwall to be rural

Great
Would I be marked down if I did groups instead of stakeholders for the conflict question? I said tourists & locals and industry & locals as well as fishermen & conservationists...
Original post by ImCinimod
For the last rebranding question I put down Cornwall needed rebranding, would that count?

had cornwall as coastal rebranding so hopefully it can be translated to urban! after all, i'm pretty sure it's a city
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chamzi101
Would I be marked down if I did groups instead of stakeholders for the conflict question? I said tourists & locals and industry & locals as well as fishermen & conservationists...

those are stakeholders i'm pretty sure
Original post by nicoleaa
had cornwall as coastal rebranding so hopefully it can be translated to urban! after all, i'm pretty sure it's a city

Pretty sure Cornwall is not a city!
Could you talk about more than one urban case study for the last question? I talked about birmingham, london dockloands and the new york city high line.. Would I get credited at all for the other two? I also talked about stratford for the fieldwork and research and then the Docklands- would I get credited for the Docklands? Lastly I talked about studland bay when I put the location as north nolfolk coast. Would I get credited for the Studland bay part? Yes, I knew the knowledge but fudged up really hard in terms of the question only wanting me to talk about one place >.<
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ryanmc1999
Could you talk about more than one urban case study for the last question? I talked about birmingham, london dockloands and the new york city high line.. Would I get credited at all for the other two?

I doubt it
Reply 128
Did anyone do Rebranding and Crowded Coasts?

How did you feel about it?

It felt hard in general, half of the questions were hard and I ran out of time
Do you think they'll push the grade boundaries up or down?
Did no one actually read the questions?!

Asked to write about 1 location. Writes 3
Asked to write about urban. Writes rural
😬😬😬
Reply 130
Original post by Ryanmc1999
Could you talk about more than one urban case study for the last question? I talked about birmingham, london dockloands and the new york city high line.. Would I get credited at all for the other two? I also talked about stratford for the fieldwork and research and then the Docklands- would I get credited for the Docklands? Lastly I talked about studland bay when I put the location as north nolfolk coast. Would I get credited for the Studland bay part? Yes, I knew the knowledge but fudged up really hard in terms of the question only wanting me to talk about one place >.<

You had to choose only 1 urban area so I think you'll just get marks for whatever area you wrote on the top line
CROWDED COAST:

What fieldwork did you say for the coastal management
Did no one actually read the questions?!

Asked to write about 1 location. Writes 3
Asked to write about urban. Writes rural
😬😬😬

Gg I commit :biggrin: Memorized a whole booklet of 10,000 words just to **** up :biggrin: :P
Predictions for grade boundaries?
Also for the Crowded Coast impacts on beach resource question do you think you can get full marks mentioning only 3 out of the 4 shown impacts?
I didn't cross the box at the top of the page to indicate what question I was going to do! Do you think it will still get marked?
Original post by imaginecats
extreme weather: Weather diary, technology, probably management techniques too
rebranding: I'm feeling heritage stuff, sustainable rebranding, and how we see if it was a success or not?

looked at all past papers and not feeling too nervous but messed up u1 so need to nail this

u fools nobody listened to me
Original post by Vinidor
Also for the Crowded Coast impacts on beach resource question do you think you can get full marks mentioning only 3 out of the 4 shown impacts?

As long as you refer to the figure at least once you can get to the top band. Its if you dont refer to it atall you are limited.
It is risky. I would consider most rebranding strategies in Cornwall to be rural

I did Liverpool

same same same threw out that deindustrialisation shizniz
Original post by ImagineCats
u fools nobody listened to me

Virtually none of this came up

Quick Reply

Latest