The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:bricks:
Reply 2
I'd rather spend my £££ on stuff that actually matters :P
Reply 3
I have depressive tendancies and access to sharp things.

Spending any more time in this topic may result in an involuntary A&E admission, I know who's on surgical take tonight and that's not a good thing.
Reply 4
lol. this does matter, it looks impressive in your personal statement. anyways the school paid for it.
shar-pay
lol. this does matter, it looks impressive in your personal statement

I'm giving you rep for making me giggle.
Reply 6
lol. k, thanks
Reply 7
so, is i'll take it that no ones going?
Reply 8
WHAT SCHOOL DO U GO TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Reply 9
no point. dont be silly. and I go to nottingham so really I should be saying 'yay give us millions of pounds for nothing!'
Reply 10
shar-pay
this does matter, it looks impressive in your personal statement.

:lolz:#rofl#:rofl: :banana::blow: :ssaw: :rofl: :blow: :ssaw: :banana::rofl:#rofl#:lolz:
Reply 11
shar-pay
lol. this does matter, it looks impressive in your personal statement.

Go to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
Reply 12
If you were paying for it I would say don't waste your money but as your school is paying you might as well go for personal interest. Make sure you don't solely rely on this in your personal statement it is much better to have work experiance and extracurriculars.
shar-pay
lol. this does matter, it looks impressive in your personal statement.

:rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

Oh wait, you're not joking?
Reply 14
Thanks "random"

I don't think i made it quiet clear, its at the Nottinghma university campus, and it gives you a good taster of wat its like being a doctor. You get to do all the routines they do, first aid, emergency rescues and stuff like that.
Limited spaces are avilable
Reply 15
shar-pay
Thanks "random"

I don't think i made it quiet clear, its at the Nottinghma university campus, and it gives you a good taster of wat its like being a doctor. You get to do all the routines they do, first aid, emergency rescues and stuff like that.
Medsim is quite well known on this forum and in med applicant circles in general (have a search for it in the search bar at the top), and there are some 'quite strong' opinions about it. Can't speak for everyone, but most people know a lot about it, and lots have been on it. We know what you're on about.

I don't think it's an impressive thing to put on your personal statement - sure, if you learnt from it, but there are cheaper (&better) ways to learn about being a doctor, like following one around. Plus I get the impression from the publicity/people who went (I only went to Medlink), that it was the flashy/exciting side of medicine, so may not give you the whole story.

Go if you want to, like Random said, for your own enjoyment, but it's not the best form of work experience, by a long way.
Reply 16
shar-pay
Thanks "random"

Is that what they told you in the brochure? Scandalous....
Reply 17
I'm going on the 13th-15th june medsim. a friend recommended me to go to both medlink and medsim so i thought i might as well try it out ... medlink was awesome imho, so thats why i decided to fork out another £200 to go on medsim
yes its not great, work experience-wise but i came out of medlink being even more inspired to become a doctor by the speakers than when i went into it. dunno about you but i thought that would be worth the money in the first place.
Reply 18
sunspoon
but i came out of medlink being even more inspired to become a doctor by the speakers than when i went into it. dunno about you but i thought that would be worth the money in the first place.
Youll find that most of us on here are (or certainly were) pretty inspired to become a doctor, that's why we're on here.
Although we don't often show it, grumbling seems to be preferred. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending