The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL - Msc History : Transnational Studies - chances ?

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about applying to UCL next year.

I'm an international student who did his undergrad in Canada at a french speaking university. A pretty good one (QS : #110) even though it's not U of T... Currently my gpa is 3.5/4.3 which is good but not amazing. The thing is that my first year wasn't that great (2.8) but then I've been working really hard and I got 3.5 on my second year and a 4.0 in my last year. I could get two good recommendation letters.

The entry requirement is actually 3.3/4.3 scale but I've got the feeling that this is a bit low... I would find this weird to get into UCL with a 3.3 GPA.

What do you think? Would I have a chance? Do you guys know how hard is the selection for the history department?

Thanks for all!
Reply 1
I cannot speak specifically regarding the History department however it appears you are slightly above (with a strong upward trend) the minimum entry requirements. In which case, as long as you have two good references and your personal statement hits all the points they are asking about (they literally list questions on the Transnational Studies MA page) you should have a fairly good chance of getting in. If it's rolling admissions, then applying as early as possible after admissions open may maximize your chances.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending