Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Feel like i'm aiming for unrealistic grades tbh

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Believe in urself bcz u have worked hard and no matter what happens be PROUD of urself and im sure loads of ppl would give there right hand to have 7A*, 1A and 3 B's!!!!. So just forget about it and keep working hard!

(Original post by Talkand...Talk)
    Believe in urself bcz u have worked hard and no matter what happens be PROUD of urself and im sure loads of ppl would give there right hand to have 7A*, 1A and 3 B's!!!!. So just forget about it and keep working hard!

better off to aim higher tbh. makes you work harder during cramming and probably would get you a b at least.

i'm doing the same and i'M PRAYING

(Original post by fishandrice)
    I didn't revise for my mocks and most of my grades were B/C's

I have been revising for these GCSE exams but definitely not as much as I should have being as I'm aiming to get 7A*, 1A and 3 B's - had to change these from 6A*'s and 4A's because of exams I have recently taken and not felt confident about.

I'm not extremely stressed about exams but I don't have much faith in myself either.
    I've had a lot of serious family and motivation to revise issues lately and I feel like it's affected me badly. I just really don't know how gcse results day is going to turn out for me and all my friends, family and people around me in general think i'm going to get like 11A*'s (especially my mum because she sees me revising in the night and thinks i'm working hard when little does she know that it's all last minute revision)

Are the grades I'm hoping to get realistic? can I still achieve this even with basically last minute revision? (mostly talking about subjects like maths and English lit)

sorry if my writing doesn't make any sense. I'm half asleep and basically on the verge of running away/giving up/crying/committing suicide lol
    I am (almost) exactly the same all of my targets are As and in my mocks I didn't revise at all and got all Bs (and one C)

All of my friends (who are all aiming for A*s) started revising months ago and getting really stressed out about exams whereas I did revision in lessons when we had to and only started revising at home last week the night before my first exam....

Although I know that getting a B is not bad by any means I feel like if I don't meet my target grades I will be a failure in the eyes of my friends and teachers (my parents don't care tbh), but especially my friends because they are all such high achievers and have heard them on countless occasions say how bad it was they got a B (and at least 3 of them have said "ugh I only got an A" or "I was only just in the grade boundary for an A*")

You are not the only one and just remember that if you don't get your target and get all Bs that those are not bad grades! They won't even matter once you start sixth form... At least this is what I have to repeat to myself before every exam to stop an impending panic attack :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.