The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Accomodation Packs

I received my accomodation pack today and had a flick through the contracts and stuff, my god you cannot do anything at Storthes, you aint allowed a chip pan, bus passes are £10, and the administration charge of £10 for everything you do wrong, thats on top of the charges and if summat gets damaged and someone doesnt come forward then everyone in the hall has to pay. Whats everyone elses opinion on the rules
Reply 1
just make sure you dont break anything, lol!

personally i think the rules are fair, considering most of the halls at other uni's have similar rules.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Bus pass is £10??!!!! Ours were only a fiver!

Given some people you will meet in halls, the ban on chip pans is needed - a bit harder to set the kitchen alight :wink:
Reply 3
Got mine today too. All seems pretty reasonable, considering the accommodation is top notch.

As for chip pans, it's probably because with loads of students being in close proximity, they don't want to evacuate one building of 40(?) students. Those already there will be able to clarify this more for me.
Reply 4
Well given that the flat below mine set fire to their grill on Saturday evening, then I think the chip pan ban is needed!
Reply 5
Must have been a lot of oil in the pan to set fire to it. But then again, I suppose that that is student cooking for you?
Reply 6
kobrakai
Well given that the flat below mine set fire to their grill on Saturday evening, then I think the chip pan ban is needed!

Somebody in our flat did that too - idiot she was. Yep, the ban on chip pans is needed!
Reply 7
FullyITFC
Must have been a lot of oil in the pan to set fire to it. But then again, I suppose that that is student cooking for you?

No...they were cooking a burger under the grill and it went up. They weren't allowed to use the oven till Monday after it'd been checked out.
Reply 8
Blooming heck! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending