The Student Room Group

19th May 2016 - OCR 21st Century Science C1 C2 C3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

I agree about fractional distillation! Definitely revise that.

Anyone think electrolysis might make an appearance? Also haven't seen a question on alkalis for a while...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ella_08
Guys, I thought it would be best to make a thread, so we can do the same thing as B123 (by MezmorisedPotato). I predict crude oil, maybe a bit on acid rain and salt and health. I really hope alkalis don't come up for the 6 marker. Share your predictions! :smile:

What's the quickest way to revise the whole of Chemistry? I'm really tired and it's at 9AM in the morning
Original post by emmald583
I agree about fractional distillation! Definitely revise that.

Anyone think electrolysis might make an appearance? Also haven't seen a question on alkalis for a while...

Yeah I think electrolysis will come
Original post by zXcodeXz
What's the quickest way to revise the whole of Chemistry? I'm really tired and it's at 9AM in the morning

Just go over the biggest things in most detail, like fractional distillation, electrolysis, properties of polymers, formation of salt, limestone, coal and alkalis. And then go over the other stuff after that. I would say go to bed at 10pm and get up at 5:30am/6:00am because then in the morning you won't be as tired, ur brain will be fresh and you'll still have lots of time in the morning
Has anyone got any predictions? so nervous for the exam teh biology one was so weird :smile::s-smilie:
Reply 25
Hai guys
So can someone just c123 tell me all the predictions for 6markers for each unit pleaaase
Thankss a lot and goodluck to you guys
Original post by vadermolt1
Notes!

omg this is so helpful thanks
Guys make sure you know the products of electrolysis, it's a common question. Also acid rain and life cycle assessment is common
Original post by Ella_08
Guys make sure you know the products of electrolysis, it's a common question. Also acid rain and life cycle assessment is common

thank you so much!!! :smile::smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Ella_08

What are the products of electrolysis??
Original post by maymagic
What are the products of electrolysis??

hydrogen gas, chlorine gas and sodium hydroxide. Be careful though, sometimes the hydroxide can change depending on what is put in like it could be potassium hydroxide... you'll work it out. It's ALWAYS hydrogen and chlorine though
Original post by Mani_McCorry
thank you so much!!! :smile::smile:

No prob :smile:
I definitely think electrolysis, fractional distillation, acid raid and limestone may come up
Can someone please make a list of things that they think would be most needed to revise, thankyouuu
Original post by Ella_08
Of course! c;

thank you so much! very helpful, but i now realise i know none of chemistry...
Can we do a revision chat on here about c1 c2 c3
Anyone up for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also guys make your predictions for
C1 6 marker
C2 6 marker
& C3 6 marker,
mine is alkalis, salt mining and properties
Original post by Usmaan345
Can we do a revision chat on here about c1 c2 c3
Anyone up for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sure, I am. Let's ask each other loads of questions and then someone should answer it. First question: Why might synthetic materials be better than natural materials?
Original post by yeahimsammalli
Also guys make your predictions for
C1 6 marker
C2 6 marker
& C3 6 marker,
mine is alkalis, salt mining and properties

Good predictions, I agree with them all.
1st question and im already stumped xD not looking great...

Quick Reply

Latest