The Student Room Group

19th May 2016 - OCR 21st Century Science C1 C2 C3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

One wet scrubbing method:
- alkaline slurry. Calcium oxide and water make calcium sulphate (aka gypsum) which is sold as plaster
Original post by stitch1212
1st question and im already stumped xD not looking great...

Haahh don't worry :smile: I'll answer them all in half an hour if no one else does, then you'll know :tongue:
see its that awkward moment when you usually just BS your way through the questions you dont know for one mark hopefully but you dont feel comfortable doing that online for every way to think your incompetent xD
Original post by Ella_08
Good predictions, I agree with them all.

I hope that the evolution of the earths atmosphere come up as a 6 marker even though it came up last year!
Can you go all over c1 c2 and c3 with us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11207ymir
I hope that the evolution of the earths atmosphere come up as a 6 marker even though it came up last year!

Ikr! although I doubt it will, they don't usually repeat 6 markers from the previous year :/
Original post by Ella_08
Yeah sure, I am. Let's ask each other loads of questions and then someone should answer it. First question: Why might synthetic materials be better than natural materials?

as synthetic materials are sometimes more durable and effective in their purpose? i'm not sure, that's what i would write in the exam :/
Does anyone want me to just post random facts?
Can someone summarise what may come up in the exam?
Original post by Ella_08
Does anyone want me to just post random facts?

YES?!?!?
Ella can you start from c1 please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I Predict:
-Crude Oil
-Emulsions
-Cracking
-Polymers
-Limestone
-Biofuels
What would you need to know about limestone?
Original post by Sum Ting
What would you need to know about limestone?

i agree what does everyone mean by limestone???
I'm so bloody nervous about this exam! I've been pretty calm about my exams so far despite being a nervy person but I had a panic attack earlier thinking about tomorrow, it wasn't pleasant. Does anyone have any good notes? I've read over my revision guide and made mindmaps and put quite a few hours in but I'm still not feeling all that confident, especially on C2 and 3.
Original post by thatonepunkguy
I'm so bloody nervous about this exam! I've been pretty calm about my exams so far despite being a nervy person but I had a panic attack earlier thinking about tomorrow, it wasn't pleasant. Does anyone have any good notes? I've read over my revision guide and made mindmaps and put quite a few hours in but I'm still not feeling all that confident, especially on C2 and 3.

These notes are quite detailed, should help you out
Original post by stitch1212
i agree what does everyone mean by limestone???

All my revision guide says about limestone is that along with coal and salt, it's a very valuable mineral deposit and that deposits of these minerals are found in North West England. While not in the revision guide, with some research I found out limestone is used to neutralise excess acidity, that it can be used as a building material, that it can be used to purify iron in blast furnaces and it's also used in the manufacturing of glass and cement.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by louisemayorx
if it's no trouble, does anyone have the C123 2015 paper? I haven't seen it and since it's most recent to the exam tomorrow I think it would be extremely helpful!

Good luck
What would you put of crude oil came as a six mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jakir
Good luck

Do you have the mark scheme for higher? I'm going to try this paper.

Quick Reply

Latest