The Student Room Group

AS Law 01 Did i just screw up my exam?

So I nailed it, but prior to my exam someone said you don't need to write years on acts, straight after someone said you do.. Now this has annoyed me because i put maximum effort into that exam, anyone know if this is going to put a dent in my mark?
You should include the year the act was created or reformed, although i wouldn't worry about it too much i couldn't remember most of the years for the acts i used hopefully it dosn't affect the grade too much
Reply 2
Original post by OIOI1253252
You should include the year the act was created or reformed, although i wouldn't worry about it too much i couldn't remember most of the years for the acts i used hopefully it dosn't affect the grade too much

Ffs. Well now i just have to pray i nail Law02 to save muh grade.
My class don't usually put years after most of the acts we use, I mean I use them when I know them off by heart, but I've never been dented too much at all by not including them :smile: don't worry about it and good luck with your unit 2
you don't have to worry unless it's an incredibly important one like the 1966 practice statement
Or various Criminal Justice Acts...

- Wikipedia.

PACE and SOCPA are fairly self explanatory... Having the year makes it clearer.
Reply 6
I always put the dates for acts and then just the name for cases! (I wouldnt be worried if you know you did well other than that, I failed mine so you have one less person to compete with😂)
Original post by Roundhead
So I nailed it, but prior to my exam someone said you don't need to write years on acts, straight after someone said you do.. Now this has annoyed me because i put maximum effort into that exam, anyone know if this is going to put a dent in my mark?

Original post by jacobwills980
My class don't usually put years after most of the acts we use, I mean I use them when I know them off by heart, but I've never been dented too much at all by not including them :smile: don't worry about it and good luck with your unit 2

Original post by badusername69
you don't have to worry unless it's an incredibly important one like the 1966 practice statement

'Always insert the year. You will get marks. When you go to uni for law your lecturers won't necessarily tell you how important this is. You will only realise this when you are informed of your marks' - this is what my teacher said. So don't quote me on this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
You do need dates for Acts of Parliament; however, in Unit 2, you only need the names of the cases, not the dates.
Reply 9
You don't need to know dates of cases so for example White (1910)
But you do need to know names of acts and dates! For unit 2 you only need to remember:
Offences against the person act 1861
Criminal justice act 2003
Bail act 1976
Damages act 1996

That's all I can really think of :-)

Yeah not putting the dates would mean that you cannot access the 'sound' band... Max clear.
Original post by NHM
You don't need to know dates of cases so for example White (1910)
But you do need to know names of acts and dates! For unit 2 you only need to remember:
Offences against the person act 1861
Criminal justice act 2003
Bail act 1976
Damages act 1996

That's all I can really think of :-)

Yeah not putting the dates would mean that you cannot access the 'sound' band... Max clear.

don't forget Criminal justic Act 1988 for Assault and Battery :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by ToastAlchemist
don't forget Criminal justic Act 1988 for Assault and Battery :smile:

Criminal justice act 1988 :wink:
our teacher never told us that we needed dates except for the 1966 practise statement! And no where on the mark scheme does it say that you need them, only that you can show a sound understanding (so using plenty of cases and explaining in plenty of detail)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending