The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Neuroscience

I'm doing my AS exams currently and have seen the entry requirements asking for AAA at Bristol. I'm predicted AAB for my AS levels. Do AS grades hold the majority of the decision as to whether you get in and for neuroscience do you know if they would accept AAB + an EPQ at grade A? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
They've recently upped the grade requirements. I applied for neuroscience at bristol this year (im currently doing my A2s) and my offer was ABB (which is contextual - normal offer for this year was AAB, check the uni's list of contextual colleges/sixthforms to see if you apply for it, if so they'll offer you AAB next year instead of AAA). I got ABCC in my AS levels and they gave me an offer within 1 week of me applying so don't worry if you get those grades you're guaranteed an offer. Bristol don't care about EPQ so don't waste your time doing one of those, just see if you count to get a contextual offer. If not they'll offer you AAA but probably still let you in if you get AAB on results day next year.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by calooee
They've recently upped the grade requirements. I applied for neuroscience at bristol this year (im currently doing my A2s) and my offer was ABB (which is contextual - normal offer for this year was AAB, check the uni's list of contextual colleges/sixthforms to see if you apply for it, if so they'll offer you AAB next year instead of AAA). I got ABCC in my AS levels and they gave me an offer within 1 week of me applying so don't worry if you get those grades you're guaranteed an offer. Bristol don't care about EPQ so don't waste your time doing one of those, just see if you count to get a contextual offer. If not they'll offer you AAA but probably still let you in if you get AAB on results day next year.

Ahh okay thank you :smile: Nope my sixth form doesn't fit the contextual offer so looks like I'll have to try and get AAA for my AS :/ also, what subjects did you take for AS? I only take one 'hard' science and then humanities subjects like psychology and geography which might put me at a disadvantage but hoping it won't! :smile:
Reply 3
You don't need all AAA at AS to get an offer if your personal statement is good and your A2 predictions are AAA then you'll get an offer! I did psychology biology maths and chemistry with ABCC respectively. I dropped the chemistry at A2 which for some unis is a big requirement for neuroscience but not at Bristol 😊
Original post by calooee
You don't need all AAA at AS to get an offer if your personal statement is good and your A2 predictions are AAA then you'll get an offer! I did psychology biology maths and chemistry with ABCC respectively. I dropped the chemistry at A2 which for some unis is a big requirement for neuroscience but not at Bristol 😊

Ah well done! So basically I need to try and get some work experience and stuff related to neuroscience to make my personal statement good and try to get good grades :') Thankss, all the best for your A2 exams :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah! A good one is UCL summer challenge in neuroscience if you're near London, Villiers park also have neuroscience courses and your college should know about that! Also look into Sutton trust and in2science! 😃 Thank you
Original post by calooee
Yeah! A good one is UCL summer challenge in neuroscience if you're near London, Villiers park also have neuroscience courses and your college should know about that! Also look into Sutton trust and in2science! 😃 Thank you

Fab, will defo check them out, you're so helpful, thanks so much :biggrin:
Original post by calooee

Heya,
just want to say good luck for uni and I hope it goes really well for you! Thank you so much for the Villiers Neuroscience course recommendation, just received an email saying I've been accepted onto the course. Hope everything goes well with you and fingers crossed, next year I'll be joining Bristol :biggrin:
Reply 8
Amazing well done! Villiers was my favourite out of the bunch you'll have an amazing night time! I shall see you at Bristol next year then, I got A*AB and start there on the 19th September!! Let me know if you have any questions just give me a message I'll be happy to help! If you're not too far from Bristol look into access to Bristol or try and do their summer school as that gives you a lowered offer :smile:
Original post by claudiaprice_xx
Heya,
just want to say good luck for uni and I hope it goes really well for you! Thank you so much for the Villiers Neuroscience course recommendation, just received an email saying I've been accepted onto the course. Hope everything goes well with you and fingers crossed, next year I'll be joining Bristol :biggrin:
Original post by claudiaprice_xx
Heya,

Congratulations! :congrats: Good luck! :h:
Reply 10
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Congratulations! :congrats: Good luck! :h:

Ahhhh thank you! :tongue:
Original post by calooee
Amazing well done! Villiers was my favourite out of the bunch you'll have an amazing night time! I shall see you at Bristol next year then, I got A*AB and start there on the 19th September!! Let me know if you have any questions just give me a message I'll be happy to help! If you're not too far from Bristol look into access to Bristol or try and do their summer school as that gives you a lowered offer :smile:

Woah, well done with your A level results, they're amazing and yep, I'm super excited for the Villiers course :biggrin: would love to know how you find the course once you've started :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending